Search results

1. buckyswider

Please recommend strong washing machine hoses

Thanks guys. Breplum, I can't find any Fluidmaster product that has a neoprene inside- all seem to be pvc wrapped with a stainless braid. There's another brand (Eastman) that is supposedly three layer (pvc/stainless/pvc sheathing). All claim to be burst proof, but each and every one has...
  2. buckyswider

Please recommend strong washing machine hoses

Hi there, I know this is a couple years old...bumping because I have the exact same question. I have to replace my 15 year old 2nd floor laundry center that has had Floodchek installed since day one- zero issues. Hoping to find and equivalent or better. It's possible I'll end up with a one...
  3. buckyswider

Trip Lever Tub Stopper Doesn't....Stop!

Correct, the one on the left, thanks! What do you mean "cover off and not removed"? The trip lever cover or the drain cover? In its current state, I'm thinking any vinegar I pour down there will just flow down the drain...
  4. buckyswider

Trip Lever Tub Stopper Doesn't....Stop!

Hi all, I have a tub which hasn't been used for a bath in a while. The kid recently tried that. The trip lever, although wonky, seemed to travel fully in both directions. So I pulled the linkage out and slopped some plumber's grease on the stopper (along with removing years of hair from the...
  5. buckyswider

What is this- check valve? Pressure Regulator?

;);););):eek::oops:o_O:oops::(:p It sure was! Went out and brushed it off and the "crack" is gone!! Now I know why orthopods insist on clinical exams to corroborate finding in images!!!
  6. buckyswider

Thanks! The well house is not over the well. No freezing problems (well, assuming protocols are followed!) as this is set up to be shut down and drained in the winter months. Yeah, I guess the overpressure is not a likely scenario (i guess those pressure switches don't fail that much?) but...
  7. buckyswider

Great, thanks! Will talk it over with the neighbor and order something soon. Was thinking about running a pipe/house to/through the outer wall and hooking up a water gong, if I can procure one at a reasonable cost (being in the fire service may make that easier!). That would be pretty...
  8. buckyswider

Thanks, good call. There's a slot on top of the threaded rod that the acorn nut covers. That's the adjustment. Was able to back it out to find approximately where 50lb was. But it still leaked when turned all the way in at the highest setting. So yep, needs replacement.
  9. buckyswider

Those settings are confirmed by the current owner* of the well who was involved with the install back in 2004. He recalled what the settings were and the gauge proves him out. *- long story- there's a 2 acre parcel directly behind my barn (and the two properties on either side of me) where...
  10. buckyswider

Thanks guys. So that acorn bolt on top is *not* the adjustment bolt I assume? Thinking that may just be some sort of keeper for the actual adjustment bolt on top of the body? I don't want to put a wrench on that and attempt to turn it if that's not really it. Could end poorly!! As far as a...
  11. buckyswider

Thanks! I was tweaking the "adjustment bolt", thinking that it's that small bolt on the top. But I took that full run both ways, and it comes off fully, and seems to just be a cap of some sorts. is the larger hext bolt on top of the body how this thing is adjusted???
  12. buckyswider

thanks! and I think I knew that about "PRV"- just had a brain fart. Happens too much these days :(
  13. buckyswider

So now that the well is working, there is a small leak. Not a huge deal, since it's an outdoor well, but would like to get it repaired. It's in the location where one is supposed to (based on my 10 minutes of research!) find a check valve, but it more looks like a PRV, based on the spring...
  14. buckyswider

Bad well pump vs. well run dry??

Just to clean this up, the pump is working! I hadn't left the breaker on for any appreciable amount of time. I did that (leaving it on) quite accidentally, and came out the next morning to a soaked yard. Seems like the drain in the pit was open instead of closed. Oh well, beats having to get...
  15. buckyswider

5 inch steel. (Well, it's steel- I didn't measure it!). Here's the control box.
  16. buckyswider

OK duh, I had an epiphany after posting. This is now wired to my electric service, so I can use my "Sense" energy monitoring to glean information. So after turning the pump breaker on, it pulls like 7kW for 5 seconds or so. Then it goes back to zero (baseline of my current usage) for about 10...
  17. buckyswider

Hi all, we have a "hobby well" that is used only in the temperate months for irrigation. It was running fine when shut off last fall. Turned it on this week and...nothing. Checked both power legs and they are both hot. Doesn't a bad pump usually pop the breaker? I know next to nothing...
  18. buckyswider

Slightly crushed trap pipe- any recovery from this?

psshew, thanks! I had completely overlooked that point! I have 2" inside my female end of the slip joint. I had forgotten that so much so that I *almost* cut the pipe too low....when slid all the way down, the bottom of the S trap is just about sitting on that lower shelf of the new vanity...
  19. buckyswider

Thanks for the reply! I should've pointed that out- it's the plastic slip joint washer. I left the on to show the gap. As far as the AAV goes: I was looking at them, but many sources (haha!) say they don't meet code anyway. I don't think I need a P-trap for functional purposes- there was no...
  20. buckyswider

Hi all, Replacing a powder room vanity. When cutting the existing trap out, I crushed the sidewall of the pipe a bit. Is this going to cause a problem? And if so, is there any way to recover this? It's in a tough spot to cut, with the supply lines so close. They don't make a mini tubing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks