Search results

1. J

Identifying stale PVC primer?

Thanks, @James Henry and @Reach4. This morning, I checked the primer in the new/fresh can (opened last night) on a pvc scrap w different printing on it. It took the printing off right away - and again, still had no effect on the writing on the other pipe that caused all the questions. That's...
  2. J

Identifying stale PVC primer?

Hey folks, I'm hoping you might be able to help me with a question about my pvc primer. I'm a rank neophyte in plumbing. I thought that primer would always take the writing off the pvc, and that that was the way to know it was working. The primer from a previously opened partial can I was using...
  3. J

Deburring PVC?

Thanks for all the feedback, really appreciate y'all. Definitely a huge relief to hear I didn't doom myself to re-piping the whole thing. And you can bet my final joints on this and any future joints I ever make are gonna be square, deburred, chamfered, cleaned, primed & cemented, bottomed out...
  4. J

Deburring PVC?

Hi all, A variation on the question of deburring and chamfering... <<looks around sheepishly>> Do I need to (or Should I) re-do my 4" pvc gravity sewer main line joints if I, regrettably, didn't chamfer the pipes? (No excuse but I think I was running together the concept deburring with...
  5. J

How much of sewer line to replace?

Thanks, @John Gayewski . That explanation helps. Ps: love the lady liberty metaphor
  6. J

Terry Love- cancer update

Lots of folks above have put it better than I ever could. I am saddened to learn of Terry's passing. We got a glimpse of a great person, professionally and personally, through this forum. The forum he built here is the best source of high quality info on plumbing on the web. I am so grateful to...
  7. J

<<aha! made it through the two--day 1st post waiting period...thanks again>>
  8. J

How-do, all. I've been working on replacing my failing clay sewer line (roots, roots, so dang many roots....) and am hoping the collective wisdom here can help me sort a couple things. My sewer line set-up is like this - working from the line outside the house to inside the house crawlspace...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks