Search results

1. Blamus

Do I need more than a softener? Any "do it all" system out there?

Cuzn suggested a Cation and an Anion exchange unit for the house, and RO for drinking. The Anion unit is for dealing with the sulfate - which is what I'm getting conflicting information on. If its replacing sulfate with chloride, then how is that an improvement? While my well service guy...
  2. Blamus

One of the questions I have is where the rejected radon will go - whether its aeration tank or GAC filter, once its out of the water wouldn't it just be released in the house (and then inhaled)? Surely I don't want that? yet any filter/tanks etc will have to be inside the house, so how do I get...
  3. Blamus

Hi, my well water test came in and I'm a little confused on what needs attention - my well service company just said a water softener and point of use RO system. I'm less worried about the drinking water assuming I'll use the under sink RO. But what about all the other stuff - anything that a...
  4. Blamus

Dry well....Where to put the storage tank?

you guys were right! It's the programing of the pump. The dry run protection was kicking in. Phew!
  5. Blamus

Right now i have the electrical cable coming into the house with the pipe. That's what my breaker is connected to. If i need to bypass something, i assume id need to go to the well and open the cover and go find something there to bypass? I assume if there's a physical controller itd be sitting...
  6. Blamus

I do have a 5sqe15-450 installed at 760'. Its in a screenshot higher up. It says the designed gpm as 5. If its just a bad controller and i actually have usable amount of water in there id be extremely happy. I guess i need to call johns well service about this next. Fingers crossed! Btw would...
  7. Blamus

I wasnt given an option for a more powerful pump, but they did tell me its not enough to supply the house directly and i should have a 300g tank for storage. Does this say 4.5" well? Or that's just the casing? I don't know why i always thought it was 6" or something.
  8. Blamus

Ok its super inconsistent. I just waited 2 minutes and turned the pump back on and then another 2 gallons came out and then stopped. I don't get it.
  9. Blamus

Why are you so suprised on the pump model? Is it a wrong choice?
  10. Blamus

I was given the NTL testkit by one of my friend's neighbor (long story) but hes a water treatment designer and he was the one who told me i will see lots of uranium among other things. And warned me against just blindly going with my well service company's recommendation of just installing a...
  11. Blamus

Thanks for the message and direction. The waterline is not below frost line because we planned for it to be a drain back system. I made sure its sloped back to the well and from what i can tell, it works well. When i did have water - last june. And i thought a decent amount, i had 2gpm after...
  12. Blamus

Yep, I'm getting it lab tested. Someone familiar with my area already told me to expect a lot of what you mentioned. We have the highest uranium concentration in the country apparently. Lots of iron and manganese, maybe arsenic. I definitely smell H2S. Which is what's making me wonder if its...
  13. Blamus

I guess I overcomplicated describing my current plumbing. Right now its just a submersible pump in the well, 1" pipe with heat tape and electrical in a 4" corrugated sleeve running 25' along/under a dirt driveway, and 25' of concrete slab into my garage where the water treatment will be. I can...
  14. Blamus

OK! This time I waited 90min, and turned pumped on, and got 2 buckets! (10gallons) before water stopped. I wonder if theres something wrong with the pump programing? Edit: I waited another 90min, this time I get 4.5gallons........
  15. Blamus

This is for a new construction home that I'm still building. I have come to accept that the $65k 800ft well I drilled last June is basically empty. I hydro fracked right after the well was drilled too. At the time I was told the well was producing 0.5GPM. After the frac, about 2GPM, and the...
  16. Blamus

Are tankless toilets reliable?

Sorry old thread, but im in building now and choosing the toilets. I decided to do your 2nd option - "stand alone smart toilet/bidet/heated seat." But im a bit confused: A. Are these types of toilets tankless? They look tankless. B. Are they pressure or vacuum assisted? If so do they generally...
  17. Blamus

Why are storage tanks always before water treatment?

I'll likely need pretreatment and storage! I just had a 800ft well drilled. They then installed the PVC liner, and the water line to the house. The driller said they reached water at 730ft, and went down to 800ft. 28G per hr, so very low, and told me to frac. So I fracked. The fracking company...
  18. Blamus

Why are storage tanks always before water treatment?

Hi, I'm new to well systems and I just had one drilled for a new house. I've lots of questions because I'm very curious as to how the system is designed and why etc. (my background is in chemical engineering). However, my first question is, in general, wouldn't the storage tank positioned after...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks