Search results

1. D

Multiple leaks uponor pex 2012 home

if he calls himself an engineer he has to seal his report. it should be easy to check the pressure
  2. D

Multiple leaks uponor pex 2012 home

I am in Cobb County. When I did the installation I put a pressure gauge right after the PRV and kept a check on it. You can use a hose bib pressure gauge to check it yourself. I also avoided Uponor because of all the reported issues with it. If the person who did the testing identified himself...
  3. D

Intellidrive Integration with Home Automation for leak detection

I have a Honeywell commercial wifi thermostat that has i/o. when the I/o String opens the thermostat sends me an alert to my phone. I also have set up a washer so that if a leak is detected it will shut off the hot and lines and power down the washer so if it is a drain issue it doesn't pump...
  4. D

propress-style crimping question with couplings

I was able to borrow a Milwaukie tool which was essential for the tight spots. But for a few fittings or a repair then it is fine. Mine takes about 15 pumps.
  5. D

Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

Well, I just finished day 2 of the recipe. I'm about 75% done at this point. I'll write up a post of the things I have learned so far and post.
  6. D

propress-style crimping question with couplings

I have a hydraulic version and it works fine. My only concern is I'm not sure when it crimped enough.
  7. D

Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

So I had a hard time finding a product I could buy because I had to buy everything in bulk. I wanted a good solid product. I stumbled upon Menards a big box home improvement store in the midwest. They stock Sioux Chief and had all the fittings I needed in any quantity I wanted. I was able to...
  8. D

Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

I called the JS corporate office and I was alramed how little their technical staff knew about the product. They don't have basic things like installation manuals. But what bothers me is that he said it so now they just don't know. They said they pulled the product off the market last year and...
  9. D

Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

The problem is they are not stocking just ordering bags so you have to buy bags. Have a copper supply coming end. I have to buy 10 adaptors just to get one. Branch multiport tees as well
  10. D

Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

I' running into the same issue at pex universe. They don't stock a lot so they order from the manufacturer.
  11. D

Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

Well what I'm running into is no one except Ferguson stocks pex fittings. They have to order them and I have to order is large quantities so it's not practical. I can't get Zurn, I can't get Sioux Cheif, I can't get oponor. The only fittings I can get in smaller quantities are the Jones Strphens.
  12. D

Study on the Adverse health effects on Pex A Pipe

Another good question is since the chemicals that stabilize the PEX are leaching out will the PEX the PEX break down?
  13. D

Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

So I I find that I can't get Uponor since the supply houses here no longer stock it!
  14. D

Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

Sioux Chief says that their Pex B can be expanded too. It's made in the USA. PEXA is made in Israel.
  15. D

Exclusions in PEX & Copper Piping Manufacturers’ Warranties

Thank you for your response! I will read the installation manual and watch the manufacturer's videos. I watched a lot of stuff on youtube but its 50-50 if its something to do or not to do!
  16. D

Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

Does anyone have experience with Sioux Cheif Pex? It looks like it may be available with all the fittings.
  17. D

Exclusions in PEX & Copper Piping Manufacturers’ Warranties

I could do online training. I have been reading installation manuals so far. I checked Uponor's website and I didn't see a pex course. Do you know if there is one and where to look? Thanks for the suggestion.
  18. D

Well if you want to look at some data carefully collected vs just speculation then you might want to read. What caught my attention is that the chemical leaching is from the stabilization of PEX which might explain why it breaks down. What is missing from the study IMO is any analysis of the...
  19. D

Here is another Study. These studies indicate that it is the stabilization of the pex that is causing the leaching of the chemicals into the water. They also point out this could be causing degradation in the pipe too...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks