Search results

1. Whatnot

How to run vent when drain pipe runs under bathtub?

Do you happen to have any diagrams of the combi on back? I am trying to picture that but can't see how there would be space for it.
  2. Whatnot

The pipe it needs to tie into is a 2" running perpendicular to the joists. It is below the joists and running along the basement block wall so stepped in a ways from the above exterior wall. If I run the vent straight up, it will come through the floor under the tub. I do have the wall furred...
  3. Whatnot

I am installing a new bathtub and the drain has to run under the tub to the opposite end. I have not been able to find anything on how to run the vent with this configuration. I could run it up either end wall. I only have 2x8 joists and am hoping to keep everything above the bottom if possible.
  4. Whatnot

Piping for washer drain

Thanks for all the info. My main reason for starting this post was to find out if there would be any problem with the elevation of the existing vent pipes. It would not be possible to get at the san-tee for the toilet without tearing up a lot of stuff. It would be a lot easier to put a tee in...
  5. Whatnot

Hot water recirculation pump causing very hot water at taps

Do any thermostatic mixing valves work backwards? If they did then you could just put it after the pump. Push water in the the mix port, connect the hot port to the bottom of the tank and the cold tee into the tank outlet.
  6. Whatnot

Piping for washer drain

The toilet on the other side of the wall tees into the 3" pipe between the floor joists. The bathtub drain tees into the 3" inside the downstairs wall below the toilet connection. From there the 3" goes all the way to the basement where it connects into the 4" main trunk.
  7. Whatnot

Piping for washer drain

I started a thread a while back about this but it got a little off track I think it will be less confusing to just start over. I just cut open the wall and took a picture of the pipes. Is it possible to put a washer drain in this wall? There is a door in the wall below so nothing can run on the...
  8. Whatnot

Drain pipe for washing machine

Ok, after a lot more research, hopefully I have it figured out. The 2" pipe did turn out to be the vent for the toilet on the main floor. My plan is to cut open the wall so I can put a wye in the 3 inch pipe below where the upstairs toilet and bathtub tie into it. Then put a 2" street 45 in it...
  9. Whatnot

PEX-AL-PEX and Rodents

Usually the only time they chew through pex is when they are trying to enlarge the hole that the pex is going through so they can get through. don't oversize the holes or put the plate protectors on the pipes that completely cover the holes will eliminate most of the risk.
  10. Whatnot

It is a 2 story house. The upstairs bathroom is directly above the lower bathroom. I am not exactly how all the piping is routed because it is inside the walls and ceiling/floor. The 3" pipe and the 2" pipe are the only pipes in this wall that come all the way from the basement. (the shower and...
  11. Whatnot

I am wanting to put a washing machine in an upstairs room that is next to the bathroom. I originally thought it would be simple because the plumbing is right in the wall. I have 3 drain pipes in the wall but not sure if I can use any of them. One is a 1-1/2", one 2" and one 3". The 1-1/2" is...
  12. Whatnot

Trouble re-activating dormant well

If it is an inverter generator then it would drop to idle if it loses most of the load.
  13. Whatnot

Replacing submersible pump and have a few questions

I was going to use 200 psi poly pipe. Since the casing is only down part way should I go with 250 psi instead? I was looking at the CSV125-1. That is safe to put between the pitless adapter and drop pipe? Plastic fittings holding weight always scare me. I see in the directions that it should be...
  14. Whatnot

Replacing submersible pump and have a few questions

I am going to be replacing the pump at my Mom's house soon and just found the well construction report from 1971. Currently it has a Morrison head on the well that brings the water out the top and back down into the ground to get to the house. I will be replacing that with a pitless adapter...
  15. Whatnot

Old well

I hadn't had time to do anything with it. It caved in so I dug it up to see what was there. About 5 feet below the surface is solid rock. There is a round hole about 44" in diameter down through the rock. It is pretty much full of sand as far as I can tell. I was able to dig down about 2 feet...
  16. Whatnot

Old well

I don't think it will work with the bottom closed. If the bottom is closed up and part of the side caves in before it is in all the way, it will never go all the way down. If it is open, I will be able to force it down a lot farther if not all the way to the bottom.
  17. Whatnot

Old well

Google seems pretty useless. Should the local supply house stock it? Does it come in 20' sections? I found some websites with 5' sections of what I think we are talking about but no mention or 10 or 20'.
  18. Whatnot

Old well

What exactly is .035 perf? Google searching doesn't really work. Mostly just finds SDR 35 pvc. It that .035" slots cut in PVC? If I search for perforated I just find it with round holes that are fairly large. I see they make PVC that is labeled for well casing. Is that required or can regular...
  19. Whatnot

Old well

How much of the casing should be perforated? Is schedule 40 PVC ok to use? That steel pipe is 5" ID at the top but larger below the top part. The hole down below looks like it is probably over 6" but it is not straight.
  20. Whatnot

Old well

Looking down inside.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks