Search results

1. Hos

Basement floor drain for washing machine?

Hi all, We've been considering adding a small 24" laundry center to our basement. We've identified the perfect spot for fitment (easy to add dryer vent, 240v already within reach, and enough clearance around the machines. What we're not sure about is the washing machine drain. There is a...
  2. Hos

Washing machine stinks during Drain Cycle

Oh man...this is EXACTLY what I need. This would work perfect for the limited space in the area. If I do it as you've sketched out, I'd even be able to hide the plumbing between the wall (it's really a pain too look at right now). Doing it this way will obviously be more work and money (and...
  3. Hos

OK. I think I understand what the first option would look like, but I have another question re: option 1. It it possible to run the 1.5" pipe that connects to the Double Fixture Fitting further down before connecting the p-trap. Basically, I want to be able to get the drain hose from the...
  4. Hos

Alright. So I'm thoroughly confused now. I would really, really, really appreciate if someone could do up a MS Pain drawing to give me a better understanding of what needs to be done. My wife likes the idea of NOT having the washer drain in the laundry tub, so I'd like to keep it clean like...
  5. Hos

Thanks Terry. So are you also recommending I change the AAV first? Would make more sense to do something like the attached instead (although I don't think my washer drain hose is long enough). This way I can eliminate the washer p-trap and "clean up" the area a little? It looks like a...
  6. Hos

Thank you very much. The tub is back in place. I'll try putting a rubber stopper on the laundry tub drain when we do our next load of laundry. I googled the model number found on the "thing I don't know" and the result came back as this...
  7. Hos

Thanks very much for the feedback. The washer and tub are both located in the basement of the house (if it matters). How should the laundry tub be vented? There is a floor drain within 5 feet of the plumbing in the photo. Would it make sense to have the washer just drain in the rub and...
  8. Hos

My apologies. The open drain pipe you see did have a the laundry tub attached to it. I removed it just for the picture and put the tub back on. Is that the "open pipe" you are referring to? If so, it's closed. It also still stinks during the drain cycle. We actually use the laundry tub toughly...
  9. Hos

Hi All, We recently purchased a home (first home) and settled in comfortably. Everything has been great with the exception of the Laundry room/drain. Every time the washing machine goes into the drain cycle we can smell a terrible musky, eggy, gross odour. The smell lasts for about 15-20...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks