Search results

1. L

Need some advise

Thank you guys for all your help. One question still bugs me. What are the holes in the bottom of the motor plate for??? Thanks again Lyman
  2. L

Need some advise

You guys have been great!!!! One last question: On this pentair pump there are five ruffly 1/8th inch holes in the bottom off the motor. What are they there for?? Thank you all again. Lyman
  3. L

Need some advise

Thank you for the quick response Valve man and Reach4! I am just having trouble raping my mind around that small a clearance. I can't do this more than once. Does anyone know what type of pump is pictured? Thank you again
  4. L

Need some advise

Need some more help Please. The pump that I was going to use , a pentair 1/2 hp 220 volt and has a outside diameter of 3 7/8". The pvc pipe has a 4" inside diameter. If I use it as a flow inducer there is less than a total of 1/8" for the water to pass. Is there smaller diameter pump that I need...
  5. L

Need some advise

Hi there Reach4, We're too low to consider a pitless and have been down in the well a few time. It is a 3' dia well. Question : what would you see for a failure on a shallow well pump if the foot valve failed
  6. L

Need some advise

Reply to Reach4: The level of the well never goes lower than 8' during the a dry season and usually is full in the spring unless drawn down after using it too much : like watering the garden. There is a limit!! Reply to Bannerman: Thank you for your input. It clarifies what I was thinking.
  7. L

Need some advise

Cary I just read about the tape over the hose clamp that secures the pump . It says to continue the tape up on to the pump. Is that done to close off the top side of the pipe so water only enters from the bottom?? If so then when I lay the assembly on its side I need to block water from entering...
  8. L

Need some advise

Thank you for your input Cary! Sorry about the forums loss of Terry. Based on the picture, just adding another 4" tube to the configuration and inserting the pump into it is all I need to due? If I take the shallow well pump out of the picture, do I need a check valve were the water line comes...
  9. L

Need some advise

Hi Terry! I am a 75 year old man that has been struggling with a 14 foot dug well with a shallow well pump for the for over 30 years and have decide to install a submersible pump to solve the issue I have had. I picked out a Pentair 1/2 hp two wire pump for my use. I saw the picture of a pump...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks