Search results

1. aktartt

Recommendations for NG indoor tankless in studio apartment?

I don't know. It's something the plumber would have to figure out. Thank you for the idea.
  2. aktartt

Recommendations for NG indoor tankless in studio apartment?

I own a tiny studio apartment (400 sq. ft.) with only a shower (no tub), lavatory, and kitchen sink (no dishwasher) needing hot water. An old Bosch Aquastar 125 from the late 1980s has worked great until now but is starting to act up (needs parts that are no longer available). To give myself...
  3. aktartt

Aquastar 170 way too hot!

Thank you! I'm definitely looking for something as simple as my Aquastar. I don't need bells and whistles.
  4. aktartt

Okay, thanks, I tried this. By backing off the adjustment screw, I was able to insert a flathead screwdriver between the bottom of the piston and the support arm. With the burners activated, I'm able to push the piston up and then push it down. But the burners don't modulate at all. It's worked...
  5. aktartt

Thanks for your response. Yes, that is the correct manual. However, backing off the calibration screw doesn't cause the flames to modulate in any way, and there is very little up-and-down movement of the piston. The flames don't change either when I turn the temp control knob from 2 to 8 and...
  6. aktartt

My Aquastar 170 natural gas tankless has been working faithfully since about 1985. My handyman recently descaled it, and since then the water output has been way too hot. It's been several years since the temperature control knob had any effect, but I've always managed to add enough cold water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks