Search results

1. DirtyJerz

Here is a new 1-1/2 inch trap (retracting previous thoughts on a vent}

Can someone explain to me why in all their photos they have a 90° down bend? Why is this even needed, instead of just having a sufficiently long drain tube coming down from the sink so that the outlet pipe just goes straight into the wall the way it normally is with regular bottle traps?
  2. DirtyJerz

Help me build a washer hose shut-off valve

That's what NJ requires for ball valves. Trying to see if my valve is compliant.
  3. DirtyJerz

Soooo does anyone have access to ASME A112.4.14?
  4. DirtyJerz

This looks ideal https://catalog.nibco.com/item/ball-valves-7/8031w-series---full-port-forged-brass-ball-valves/80313w Too bad almost no one carries it and the price tag is $50…
  5. DirtyJerz

I guess something like this? https://www.ferguson.com/product/champion-arrowhead-353bvlf-series-34-in-brass-fips-x-threaded-no-kink-hose-bibb-a353bvlf/_/R-5109106?toPdpDirectly=true&searchKeyWord=353bvlf&trackSignal=true Zero mention of ASME on it though. But...
  6. DirtyJerz

Follow-up on my earlier thread… I'd like to build my own shut-off valves because the standard kits you get at HD don't really work for my setup. Can someone provide a link to components I can use to build a shut-off valve for washing machine hoses? I'm having a hard time finding something that...
  7. DirtyJerz

Expanding washer hose connections

NJ plumbing code requires piping to be rated for 100 psi at 180º: https://up.codes/viewer/new_jersey/nj-plumbing-code-2018/chapter/3/materials#3.4.3
  8. DirtyJerz

that are rated for hot water usage up to 200ºF?
  9. DirtyJerz

The outlets you see in the corner of the picture have their own dedicated 20A circuit on which there is nothing else, so I think the existing electrical should suffice. For the water supply, I'm guessing I should tap the existing 3/4" line just before the reducer and run a new line for the...
  10. DirtyJerz

Do you have a link handy?
  11. DirtyJerz

In terms of existing pipe topology, here’s what I have: 3/4” pipe splits into two pipes 3/4” for upstairs bathroom (sink, shower, toilet) 1/2” for basement and kitchen hot water splits into kitchen sink, dishwasher, and washing machine hookup cold water splits into kitchen sink, washing...
  12. DirtyJerz

haha that requires a 3/4" inlet…
  13. DirtyJerz

seems like a bad idea since those aren't rated for hot water I think this is what I'm looking for I think they are just old. You can still get them today but they are more expensive compared to the more standard ones. Apparently you can recharge them...
  14. DirtyJerz

And in case you’re wondering about the zip-tied moldy plastic tubing, that’s the condensate pump drain tube for the A/C installed by a “licensed contractor” before my time here (about ten years ago).
  15. DirtyJerz

So the odds of all four things (3 washers plus dryer) running at once are pretty close to zero. Existing piping is all exposed in the basement. Here’s the current setup: So question is, I need to split the hot water line three ways to the left and cold water four ways to the right. What parts...
  16. DirtyJerz

Hi, I currently have 1/2” copper pipe going to a gate valve and standard washer hose connectors for hot and cold water. This is hooked up with regular hoses to a full size washer. In the near future, I’m going to be adding a bunch of things here: another full size washer, a pedestal washer (LG...
  17. DirtyJerz

How do I get this nut (?) off?

Yeah I tried both, didn’t work. Here’s a video of me trying both pieces as well as regular nuts https://share.icloud.com/photos/04dyAIQyH8cRKt7c4-3V4OJPQ
  18. DirtyJerz

Got a thread gauge. 11.5 seems right (also wow, inches are crazy enough, but the standard threads are 11 and a half?) Next step is to take a small flathead screwdriver and clean the threads I guess?
  19. DirtyJerz

Correct, both have the same behavior as what I get with the SJ nuts I got from Home Depot. Locks on for about two turns and that’s it.
  20. DirtyJerz

Thanks, since it’s Amazon I ordered it. Same problem. The threads are similar but the “outer” connection is a compression one rather than a slip nut.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks