Search results

1. Blue Oaks

Soliciting ideas for ground up design for new well and water tanks on a hillside

There's actually some galvanized lines up above the well area on a flat spot where it was "developed" at one time.
  2. Blue Oaks

Soliciting ideas for ground up design for new well and water tanks on a hillside

"Well" I'll be... I just walked over to scout out the property that's going up for auction, and there's a dilapidated well house, a well, a controller, and a pressure tank. Everything seems rusty and hasn't worked in years and years, but there is definitely a well there. I'll get some...
  3. Blue Oaks

Thanks. To be clear, I'd have a main panel at the well site, and only run wires to the tanks for the float switch and a subpanel just to have power up there. The main panel would feed the controller at the well. I definitely will want to have at least one hydrant. I need to find out what the...
  4. Blue Oaks

Guys, As mentioned in my other thread, I may be bidding on the property next door in January 2023. The owner owes back taxes and the county is going to auction it off. No buildings are on the property, but there's a power line down to maybe a breaker panel. Property details: It's approx 4...
  5. Blue Oaks

Moving water tanks up the hill for more pressure - Need advice on piping

I really hope I'm able to buy the 4 acres next to my property. I ran out of water on Sunday morning, after trying to keep the landscaping alive during our brutal heat wave last week. Tuesday it was 115* and 10% humidity, and for several days after it was still close to 110 and 11% humidity. I...
  6. Blue Oaks

The lower tanks are atmospheric. I'm now pressure tank free! So, essentially it's a valve like in a toilet? Once the water rises to a certain level, it cuts off? I know I can control the proposed tank(s) level with a float switch like the one I currently have.
  7. Blue Oaks

Guys n Gals- All is well on the water tank endeavor. My only issue now is my well doesn't produce what my landscape would like, and who knows how much worse that will get in the future. There's been a new development in the neighborhood. The adjacent, vacant property is going up for auction...
  8. Blue Oaks

Getting water hammer with both turning on and off the shower water

The fixtures, including the shower are all one handle. None made the noise when I moved in 6 years ago. The sounds are one or two knocks/bangs, but no rapid fire or repeating sounds of that nature. My showerhead has been drilled out with a 1/2" drill to increase flow, but again I think that...
  9. Blue Oaks

Thanks guys. I've been here six years and I think it started about a year ago. I'm hoping I can avoid tearing into the sheetrock.
  10. Blue Oaks

Looking for some advice here. I've got some short bangs in the wall when I turn on the shower too fast or turn it off too fast. It happens when I turn the faucet in the bathroom on or off too fast as well, on both hot and cold settings. All the reading I've done indicates water hammer happens...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks