Search results

1. Jeff H Young

Kitchen Stove plug

round conection should be ground the ones on the sides are hot one on top in pic should be neutral.
  2. Jeff H Young

Horizontal 90 into sanitee?

Id use a long sweep 90
  3. Jeff H Young

Watts 3/4 PRV strainer plug socket size or special tool?

Especialy since the OP didnt tell us he needed bigger or smaller but 32 mm theoreticaly should be .010 " larger than 1 1/4
  4. Jeff H Young

Watts 3/4 PRV strainer plug socket size or special tool?

so what size exactly should a 1 1/4 1.250" socket be that it wont fit a 1.240 nut? I don't make a practice of measuring the wrenches or exact bolt head sizes. its too sloppy? the nut is 12 sided not 6? 32 mm is 1.260 inches so if 1 1/4 is too small try 32 mm
  5. Jeff H Young

Are emergency plumbers trustworthy?

are ---------- trustworthy? fill in blank Typically I consider a Service and repair plumber or a construction plumber to be the 2 most common . Some/ many cross over to different types work . A construction Plumber you don't call at 10 o'clock at night for...
  6. Jeff H Young

Condensate - Wall Drain or Floor Drain?

Heck yes its neater , to run a standpipe or throw a utility sink close by with a wye branch , Takes a little space cost a few bucks but might be handy to have a sink. Might have a water heater nearby to consider too
  7. Jeff H Young

European faucet installation advice

I seem to remember some brands having 10 mm compression ends on the faucet and getting adapters with the faucet that make 1/2 inch standard ends but that 3/8 x1/2 adapters wouldn't fit the tube was 10 millimeter cant be that hard to call a supplier. let us know where you find it
  8. Jeff H Young

Moving valve location to opposite valve under alcove bathtub

Sure we do that strap pipe to face of studs. why drill it out?
  9. Jeff H Young

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

I think we all find these few stories alarming . There are many thousands of copper leaks each year And Mark feels pretty good about the track record on his home and I see very good service from copper, I've also repiped houses as new as 17 years that had copper. And heard...
  10. Jeff H Young

Trap Arm or Obstruction issue?

cant read correction notice so cant guess what you were written up for. I wonder if its about you reducing the trap arm from 4 inches at the san tee to 3 inch I don't see anything wrong with it unless the id on the connection is smaller than your 3 inch abs if that's the case...
  11. Jeff H Young

Terry Love is dealing with some cancer now

Hang in there! beautiful picture My Wife and I are just booking a trip from Seattle to Alaska cruise july 2023 hope to see some of Washington
  12. Jeff H Young

Basement toilet install with rear discharge

swiss madison smwt442 wall hung 7 1/8 inch waste rough in you could go higher but verify kinda ugly and you gotta buy a carrier just look around for others too . standard for rear outlet floor mounts are usually lower
  13. Jeff H Young

Is this flue ok???

Ive got no info either except I think its likely asbestos not guessing the condition I think it could very well be in fine condition.
  14. Jeff H Young

Adding Additional Water Shutoff

buying a tool My opinion is a waste especialy for many hundreds if not few grand. what amounts to a single joint a male adapter is the only single joint needed or desireable
  15. Jeff H Young

ok here is a clean way to build this. on top of regulator change the sweat union to IPS cut that crap out above the loop and hose bib. On top of union screw a brass nipple then a brass tee (1x1x3/4 threaded) the 3/4 will be for a new bib on top of tee another 1 inch nipple...
  16. Jeff H Young

Which is Best Portable TDS Meter?

Mine was a Kamitasui tds on amazon 7.99 plus or minus 2 percent seem to work on my incoming domestic water , pool and RO kitchen water testing. seems good Im assuming there are better ones though it seems to work perfect . price / performance ratio I cant place a number on
  17. Jeff H Young

I've used Propress , but didn't realize the selection of brands and hand tools available. Sure can be handy for certain jobs though I yet to own one . they are quick , easy, reliable and pricey (as are the fittings) but some of these off brands might be the ticket for some. can...
  18. Jeff H Young

Noise from sprinkler valve

Or turn the water off and activate solenoid to determine water flow noise or solenoid
  19. Jeff H Young

Is this flue ok???

Usually at the waterheater is a single wall vent connector , at the cieling or chase typicaly most homes today are type b double wall sheet metal. Your Image says Type B and spec calls for type B So providing condition is good shouldnt be a problem of cource no one knows...
  20. Jeff H Young

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

Kieth sorry for your problem, I look at it like this We have been in our house for 20years I know of no one in our tract thats had a leak that has Pex, some have CPVC and one guy I know bought his home in 2000 he had 2 leaks (CPVC) Ive fixed another cpvc leak or 2 in last couple of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks