See you later, not goodbye!

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It is with great sadness we update all that on Friday 1/20/2023 Terry Love passed away peacefully with his family by his side. Cancer no longer controls his body and he is free of sickness and pain. We imagine him hitting the ski slopes mountain high and of course looking over this forum as it was his legacy. We know we will see his bright smile again one day.

His Forum will continue to thrive and be supported. Terry was a passionate man and shared his plumbing passion with his son Jamie. These two plumbed for decades together and Jamie has often been in the background on the forum answering questions and helping his Pop. Over the past several months a crash course was given to Andrea Love, Terrys daughter in law and she will play office manager of sorts here.
We definitely still are using our training wheels, we hope to be operating and interacting with you more and more as time goes on and we process this loss.

Thank you all for using and loving this forum. We cant wait for the future. Growing the education platform that it is!

The pictures below are meaningful. This was the last Plumbing job Terry did, and with his son Jamie. Under a strict timeframe they were able to convert a bathroom to be ADA, replumbing, making friends with the spiders in the crawl spaces, and adding a shower and much more so a loved one could return home. And alas Terrys love for the outdoors, and sharing this will all of his friends and family.

Thank you everyone for support! Please reach out anytime!

Love,
From the love Family

Attachments

• Terry and Jamie.jpg
    Terry and Jamie.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 840
  • clare-2022-25.jpg
    clare-2022-25.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 852
  • clare-2022-18.jpg
    clare-2022-18.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 834

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Im So sorry to hear this yet glad he is no longer suffering. Lost My Mom on Dec 2 to a very short diagnosis of Pancreatic Cancer. I had Chemo for Non Hodgkins Lympoha less than 2 years ago it was described as stage 4 and took me complete suprise , Doing well hoping its gone . this aint about me but Im so grateful almost feel guilty to be living normaly.
I remember very well the pictures from the remodeled bath performed by Terry and evedently with other help from posting he showed on the forum , making life better easier for others is good , I thought he said his Brothers home.
The Love family is only part of who benefited from Terry I think we all learned a little or lot from him. We are all very lucky!

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
Even though this was expected, it's still so very sad and difficult to read. I never knew the man, but judging by the love and admiration he gathered by his family and friends that have been worded so eloquently here and on FB, I'm sure he deserved all that praise and more.

God bless him and his family - his legacy, through this wonderful forum, will likely outlive us all.

John

golem

Reaction score
Hey Terry, I was coming back to the forum to thank you and provide a long-term update as to my utmost satisfaction with the products you steered me to purchase and install. In an eerie twist of timing it seems time itself has produced a curve-ball which now allows you to appreciate the good you've done for all without our having to express it in typed words. While I've only posted a few dozen times over the past decade I have gained much insight from the depth of practical knowledge within your forum. I'm confident your loved ones and friends will continue to make this a haven for DIYers.

As my mother was a beneficiary of much insight gained from the forum she is sure to be near the front of the line to give you a BIG hug. Sadly she passed away on the 4th of this January but the indomitable extrovert will be ready to welcome a new friend!

My heart, thoughts, and prayers are unfurled for the Love family and friends.

-Ej

Suceress

Reaction score
I haven't checked the forum in awhile and I'm very sorry to hear this. I was hoping he would have some more time but he is not suffering now. I hope his last moments were peaceful and painless.
My deepest condolences. The words sound hollow, but I know how hard it is to lose someone & how much it sucks-- even when you know it is coming.

Reaction score
I am a bit at a loss for words. I extend my condolences to the family and friends. It's these forums that bring out the best in people. Terry himself has responded to my newbie homeowner questions and guided me along the way. My parents immigrated to this country many years ago and they are not the greatest when it came to maintenance of anything of any sort. It's a forum like this that I learned a bit and I appreciate everyone's generosity and that is directly due to the leadership of Terry and his genuine goodness in sharing knowledge with absolute strangers. Terry and everyone on this forum embody the really good nature and character of this country. This forum is a piece of Americana. Again my condolences to the family and friends of Terry.

K-Man

Reaction score
Terry, you will be missed but you will also be long remembered.
You are a gem; very unusual in these times, and I thank you again for the help you provided on my home projects.

My prayers go out to your family and friends.

Enjoy your new life, Terry.

OldSalt

Reaction score
I'm a DIY, and only occasionally use this forum when I'm stuck on plumbing issues (such as, building my own house). It's been an invaluable resource. So, that said, and knowing I'm nowhere close to your family ...

RIP Terry, and God's blessings on Jamie, Andrea, and the whole Love family. This will hurt for a long time. My deepest sympathies.

Scott

Justintime

Reaction score
Very much will miss Terry and his help on this forum. It's hard to find folks who place education and safety in a trade above ego. Didn't realize he lived so close. I have spent a lot of time in his neck of the woods. RIP and I hope his family finds peace in his comfort and rest until we all meet again.

Kim Klein

Reaction score
Oh my gosh… I’m so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and all of us that he helped. I am only a very occasional poster but I come here and read a lot and his sound and kind advice was always much appreciated. Rest well, sir, you’ve earned it.

Soulbarn

Reaction score
As a current cancer patient, this makes me sad and scared. Thank you, Terry, for helping to educate and enlighten so many. My your memory always be a blessing to those who loved and cared for you.

Suceress

Reaction score
As a current cancer patient, this makes me sad and scared. Thank you, Terry, for helping to educate and enlighten so many. My your memory always be a blessing to those who loved and cared for you.
I'm sorry, I hope you beat cancer and that it never comes back. Sending good vibes your way.

GL77

Reaction score
I am so very sad to hear this. My condolences to the whole family. Terry was a great man who accomplished so much, he had a part in peoples' lives far and wide. I never met him yet I feel like I lost a friend and mentor, I have learned so much from this site, this creation of his. In my opinion this site is unique among its type, it's the best because the character of Terry was expressed through it. Many thanks for all of the help over the years. You were a trailblazer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks