Water Line losing water

Users who are viewing this thread

Paulont

Reaction score
Hello all

Have a shallow jet pump drawing water from a lake, when my water sits for a few hours i lose enough water in my line to lose prime. I have replaced the foot valve in the lake, and have confirmed it is holding water, i have inspected the pipe and it is showing no signs of a leak. My pump pressure does not drop with the water so the check valve is working, i have a T after the check valve to fill the pipe when needed, and after 6-8 hours i have to add approx. a cup of water to the tee to top it up. Besides the foot valve and pipe where else could the water be going? I have yet to check the T right after the pump shuts off, that is next, my thought was that the pump housing is not pulling enough pressure to completely fill the line? any thoughts would be appreciated.

Reach4

Reaction score
A foot valve is a check valve and a strainer combined. You should not have another check valve.

Paulont

Reaction score
A foot valve is a check valve and a strainer combined. You should not have another check valve.
there is a foot valve in the water(lake) and a check valve at the pump. this is a normal set up here in canada. been set up this way for years and never a problem until now.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks