Vents

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr tee

In the Trades
Reaction score
It can't go up then down. It must go up with grade all the way - sorta like an upside down drain line.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
You'll need to check the BC plumbing code. In the US, the UPC prohibits (all vents must drain back to the drain served), but the IPC could allow it (all vents must be pitched to a drain).

Cheers, Wayne

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
just depends on your code. if meeting code is your question then check whatever code appies. if you are asking if it functions ok with the middle having a high point and both ends sloping to drain ? I think in almost all cases no problem Personaly I think it could very well be inferior system depending how much trapped gas can get in the high point

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
just depends on your code. if meeting code is your question then check whatever code appies. if you are asking if it functions ok with the middle having a high point and both ends sloping to drain ? I think in almost all cases no problem Personaly I think it could very well be inferior system depending how much trapped gas can get in the high point
How come trapping gas be an issue? It would circulate. Biggest question is why is trapped gas an issue?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks