Recent content by Zmonet

1. Zmonet

Need Assistance -- Only One of Twelve Zones Not Working

Thanks @WorthFlorida! The stuff I think your referring to, which looks kind of like caterpillars, come from the trees. As for the zone, it runs right next to the controller. The zone actually runs along the house, immediately next to the controller on one end and the water supply on the...
  2. Zmonet

@WorthFlorida Thanks so much for the detailed explanation. Based on what you provided, this weekend I tried to troubleshoot the system a bit more. The heads have the spray nozzle and filter that you have in your first pic. I first started by removing the spray nozzle and filter at what I...
  3. Zmonet

I am running a 12-zone system using a Rachio controller and a booster pump. One of my zones that has 10 heads on it, most of which are in beds and have lower gallon requirements, is not coming up. This zone has worked in the past, although if the booster was off it wouldn't. Now even with the...
  4. Zmonet

Booster Pump Sucking Water Out of All Pumps

Thanks for the feedback. I'm admittedly a bit lost as to where to put what on this system, or even what to tell a plumber. At the end of the day, yes, I don't want air in my house water pipes, which is why I thought a recirculator pump piped at my hot water heater might solve the issue (and...
  5. Zmonet

Do you think air is being sucked back towards the booster pump, or is it water being pulled from the house side water pipes out to the irrigation system? Or would a sping-loaded check valve prevent that too?
  6. Zmonet

Thanks. I'll admit I know zero, nothing, but I don't think the issue is that air is being introduced into the system but rather that the booster pump is so powerful it sucks the water from the house side of the system out to the irrigation system. When I call for water, at a sink for instance...
  7. Zmonet

Thanks, WorthFlorida for the detailed response. I think the need for the booster is the amount of water pressure for some of the heads. You're definitely right that I can do a redesign of some of the zones and likely be able to lose the booster, which is something I will likely do. In the...
  8. Zmonet

I'm coming back to this because I'm hoping I might have found a solution or at least a workaround. First, to answer some of WorthFlorida's questions: Are you the original owner? No. Second owner. Your domestic water is the well with a pressure tank? Yes. When was the booster pump installed...
  9. Zmonet

Thanks Reach. Even 10 minutes of running introduces a lot of air into the lines or else I would do intermittent breaks of watering. Ideally, I'd like to somehow stop the water from being pulled out.
  10. Zmonet

The pressure gauge reads 50 PSI before turning on the irrigation system and booster pump. Once it has been running for 5 minutes or so it drops to 40 PSI but then comes back to the 50 PSI. The problem of air/spitting is particularly bad after the system has been running for 2 hours, but I'm...
  11. Zmonet

I have an 11-zone irrigation system that runs on well water. The system uses a booster pump because I believe the system wasn't designed properly in the first place. Regardless, when the booster pump runs and irrigates the lawn, it sucks all of the water out of the rest of the house, leaving...
  12. Zmonet

Disposal: Leak above Metal Slip Nut to PVC Union (w/ photo)

I removed the slip valve and found that there was a nylon washer already in place. Regardless, I had bought a new one, so I replaced it and tightened everything up. It unfortunately still is leaking from the same spot. Should I replace the slip not? What else should I be looking for? I've...
  13. Zmonet

Thanks for the info! Can I get a rubber washer at most hardware stores? I would assume this one would be 1 1/2". Or should I buy a new slip nut assembly? Thanks again for the help.
  14. Zmonet

The garbage disposal was put in about three years ago but today I noticed water leaking out onto the floor today. On examination and testing, the leak comes from the union of the metal slip nut, black PVC from the garbage disposal, and the white PVC pipe for the trap (see picture). The leak...
  15. Zmonet

Correct 3-Way Fitting for Waste Pipe (with pictures)

Thanks Terry! I appreciate the quick advice.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks