Recent content by zink88

1. zink88

Photometer/Colorimeter vs. Hach IR18 or other for Iron Testing

Are either of these instruments recommended for monitoring iron levels vs using a visual comparison wheel like the Hach IR-18? Has anyone had experience with either one to validate or invalidate their accuracy claims...
  2. zink88

Interpreting Bart Test Results

And here is picture after Day 10...
  3. zink88

Interpreting Bart Test Results

According to tests performed by the county a year ago, the iron level in my well water is 0.59. Tests performed by two local water system vendors indicated iron levels of 1.0 (0.7 Ferrous & 0.3 Ferric) from one vendor and 1.4 from the other vendor. I performed a BART test for the presence of...
  4. zink88

Can I Bury Foam Core PVC

The roof handled by the downspout that I might tie into the drain pipe is 276 square feet (23’ x 12’). I didn’t find a UPC table 11-1 or 11-2. I did find a table 1106.3 which I believe indicates a 3” horizontal pipe at 1% slope (1/8” drop per foot) can handle 6” of rain per hour from a roof...
  5. zink88

Can I Bury Foam Core PVC

I will be installing a water filtration system to remove Iron from my well water. Our county code says not to route the backwash into septic or to the drain field. I will be discharging the backwash into the woods behind my house which requires a run of ~130 feet at slope of 1/8” per foot. I...
  6. zink88

Removing Vent Pipe

I am planning to chlorinate my well through the vent pipe. Shown below is a picture of my wellhead. To remove the pipe, do I unscrew the pipe from the threaded nut or unscrew the nut from the well cap? Also, there is some cracking in the concrete around the casing. Is this something to be...
  7. zink88

Iron Bacteria in 26 Year Old Well

The well casing already extends above ground. The bottom of the concrete cylinder surrounding the top of the well casing sits at ground level.
  8. zink88

This issue has existed for years...nothing that is going to be addressed tonight. Here is a picture of the top of the well.
  9. zink88

No sulfur smell. Is there a particular backwashing iron filter you would recommend? Would you start with just the sanitizing and backwashing iron filter to see if that corrects the problem without installing a pvc liner? The county representative estimated it would cost ~ $500 to have a well...
  10. zink88

Sorry for the duplicate post. I was struggling trying to figure out the quotation function on this website.
  11. zink88

Had a test completed by the county lab and the only thing that came back identified in their report above recommended limits was Iron at 0.59 mg/L which they reported as above the aesthetic limit of 0.3 mg/L but below the Health Advisory of 2.5 mg/L. There was no mention of iron bacteria in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks