Recent content by Zelbrew

1. Zelbrew

Moving a toilet, need to plumb it

Didn't get a chance until now to post another sketch until now (to clarify, posts 46 and 47). I realized after the fact that a santee is not to be used on its back, so I have replaced that with a wye/45. This sketch shows just the end of the toilet run dropping into the main line. It replaces...
  2. Zelbrew

Not going through the roof; hooking up to venting in the attic.
  3. Zelbrew

Sorry it was unclear. The bit on the right is a view of the main waste pipe from the side--90 degrees turned compared with the rest of the sketch. This is the fitting at the end of the toilet run as it drops into the main waste, which is at the bottom of the main part of the sketch, represented...
  4. Zelbrew

Does this sound OK? Looking around, I see that for that fitting into the main line I should use a wye and a 45 instead of a sanitary t or something. Should use a 3 x 1.5 wye for the fitting for the vent as well? I assume for the vent is just 90s and whatever gets up the wall and into the...
  5. Zelbrew

Here is a sketch of what I was imagining. Is this the way to go, or is there a better way to do it? Not sure of the names of the fittings and whatnot. The view of the sketch is pretty much the same view as the pic (posting again for ease). To the right in the sketch is the connection to the main...
  6. Zelbrew

I looked it up but wasn't positive, so I'm glad you confirmed it for me. I thought that is what I had seen in the attic. So is it based on the fixture or the whole system? Seems like the whole vent system would have to be the size of the largest fixture vent.
  7. Zelbrew

OK, so if I can get my rough-in location and drop straight down, I can use a wye from the vertical pipe and run the vent up the wall and tie into the vent system in the attic? There is a sink close by, but running to it to wet vent would be near impossible. We are not gutting; most drywall is...
  8. Zelbrew

Still wondering about the plumbing to the main line, but I started thinking about venting. Can I vent off of the vertical once I get below the floor joists? And related: I don't need to turn horizontal for this plumbing do I? Is vertical OK all the way, with venting with a wye {or similar}?
  9. Zelbrew

So placement of the flange aside, what about the rest of the plumbing? Is it just a matter of 45 over to above the soil pipe and then dropping vertically into a fitting? I know that 45 and steeper is considered vertical, so basically it is going to be vertical the whole way.
  10. Zelbrew

I think I'm pretty close with the exploratory holes I drilled from the top, but I may crawl in there with the snake skins and do a more precise job.
  11. Zelbrew

The question of whether I can get the pipe next to the joist relates back to one of my early questions about how much wiggle room is there with the rough in measurement.
  12. Zelbrew

Ah, OK, good to know. So, in your opinion, if I have clearance to get a 3" vertical next the joist, would it be better to use an inside flange than to use an offset (which would fit outside the vertical pipe)? The inside flange would save me from having to greatly alter the plumbing later when...
  13. Zelbrew

I was kind of thinking that I might use one of those temporarily until the final floor is finished. However, I don't think it solves the problem of the joist being in the way. It looks like even with a 10 inch offset I will still hit the joist with the pipe. It is kind of hard to tell right now...
  14. Zelbrew

I guess I should have noted that the main waste pipe is 3". I bought a 3" flange and a 45 flange to visualize. It looks like if I use the 3" with a 10" rough in toilet, I'll still be hitting the edge of the joist. Then the fitting on the flange would be wider. (I assume nobody likes a flange...
  15. Zelbrew

OK, sorry. If you look down the concrete wall on the left, the toilet will be positioned on the wall that sits above the concrete wall, nearly all the way to the corner. The joist in question (which you can't really see in the pic) is parallel to the concrete wall on the left. It is the first...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks