Recent content by Zane Vaughn

1. Zane Vaughn

Siphoning Diagnosis

That was my fear. Only thing on that stack is a single bathroom group, but thought it could be something atmospheric because the top of the vent is close to the toilet which is the last thing on the line. Turns out it was a junk bowl. Swapped it out and it’s holding water fine. Bathroom was so...
  2. Zane Vaughn

Siphoning Diagnosis

Noted. I will keep that in mind in the future. Vent takes off on the wye just before the closet bend. No more than a foot.
  3. Zane Vaughn

Siphoning Diagnosis

Kinda what I was thinking. In the process of pulling it now. We’ve bought three of the same toilet for this remodel but already had to swap a white for a biscuit to match an old crane sink. So I have two toilets waiting in the wings. Gonna drop in another and cross my fingers. No visible flaw...
  4. Zane Vaughn

Siphoning Diagnosis

Update: Got on the roof with a hose. Vent is clear. It gobbled five minutes of water at full blast with no issue. Had thought that I could have a nest or something in the 90s but that doesn’t seem to be the case.
  5. Zane Vaughn

Siphoning Diagnosis

Trimming a new bathroom currently. Second floor bathroom, dedicated 3” stack. Had to make a couple goofy turns. This was laid out by a plumber, installed by myself (carpenter) and inspected by the county. Toilet is filling fine, but bowl empties in less than 10 minutes after a flush. No water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks