Recent content by xehumph

1. X

Harden Shower Diverter Stem

Thanks. Yes, I am concerned about not increasing the actual brass bore size by honing/sanding. I was thinking of vinegar or some diluted pool (muriatic) acid that I use on other plumbing fixtures and even on calcium deposits on tile. I'll post back on how some kind of diluted acid works
  2. X

I used Loctite Red tread locker and just re-screwed in the threaded shaft, waited over 24 hours, and tried to unfreeze the stuck valve by turning the handle. It just broke loose again when I applied very significant torque to the handle. The valve was very tightly stuck. So then I tried to...
  3. X

Help identify tub valves and unstick the shower diverter

I had the same exact problem with Harden tub/shower diverter. Locktite Red treadlocker and just re-screwed in the threaded shaft, waited over 24 hours, and tried to unfreeze the stuck valve by turning the handle. It just broke loose again when I applied very significant torque to the handle...
  4. X

Thanks for your comment. I cleaned the threads up and am going to use red Locktite. Before I epoxied it, I wanted to make sure the handle could be removed from the stem so I tried to loosen the setscrew and ended up just kludging up the hex and now the correct allen wrench just turns without...
  5. X

Our Harden diverter does not divert. The handle just unloosens the splined stem when turned counter-clockwise and the handle and splined inner shaft screws all the way out of the valve. I found a previous post here from 2012 about how to remove the entire cartridge. In that post, there is a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks