Recent content by WorthFlorida

1. WorthFlorida

Want to upgrade from Hydrotek 1114 to Orbit B-hyve

With a zone valve, there is only one solenoid to operate. It looks like it is on the left conduit going to the grass level. The right one is definitely AC power. The 24v ac seems to go into both middle and left conduits. Need a picture with the wires spread out better. What are those two pipes...
  2. WorthFlorida

Want to upgrade from Hydrotek 1114 to Orbit B-hyve

I just noticed this post. Did you get the new controller installed. I had the same system on my last home in Lake Worth. Around 2005 I upgraded with zone valves by eliminating the PIA indexing valve and a new controller. With conduit it may be possible to run a ground wire. I would not...
  3. WorthFlorida

New Construction Small Bathroom/Kitchen System Help

This might help. https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-add-utility-sink-need-advice.101753/#post-732327
  4. WorthFlorida

Help needed septic drain pipe

Until the brittle pvc is removed, the crack will continue until both ends meet with a coupling. Ground movement and any freezing of the ground will cause movement exacerbating the problem thought I think you not in a hard freeze environment.
  5. WorthFlorida

Help needed septic drain pipe

Your method is a patch, not a fix. What happens is PVC pipe gets brittle, even when not exposed to sunlight. Very common with underground sprinkler systems where I fixed a lot of broken pipe or joints. You'll need to replace the entire section. It's not all that bad because you're on a bend...
  6. WorthFlorida

first story of a slab on grade

This is strange. It could be an air pressure issue, not temperature. Does this happen in the non heat season? Are there windows that can be opened to alleviate air pressure changes? You say you checked the CO level, do you have gas furnace or water heater? Is there a good air flow up the...
  7. WorthFlorida

Water powered back up pumps

I know nothing about these pumps but you better check your local jurisdiction if they are allowed. You're placing domestic waterline into a septic system. If allowed you probably will need a double valve anti backflow "preventer", not a "valve". Search; Febco 0683039 Valve Quarter Turn Shutoff...
  8. WorthFlorida

Air Handler

Most air handlers are nearly identical if the total seer rating is 16 or less. When you get over Seer 16 units the air handler can be proprietary mainly with the control boards. The compressor control board communicates with the air handler control board. Sometimes the thermostat is...
  9. WorthFlorida

Decreasing Water Pressure

Rebuilt kits for PRV's are usually available so having to cut pipe would not be needed.
  10. WorthFlorida

Trying to understand my well's water pressure

I’ve been on this forum for over 12 years, Valveman know his stuff. With a CSV, a small tank is needed, not a 86 gallon tank. Look at the CSV video’s. With a CSV the pump will not cycle but continuously run with a steady pressure until all water is turned off and the pressure switch shuts off...
  11. WorthFlorida

Where's the heat!

Is there a touchless faucet anyway? Read post 60&61 of the following. I had the culprit figured on post 2 but it took 58 more post to get the problem solved. https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/hot-water-coming-out-cold-water-throughout-house.107565/page-4#post-768149
  12. WorthFlorida

Where's the heat!

Is there a touchless kitchen faucet? Another suspect a tub/shower.
  13. WorthFlorida

Is it normal for some salt to not dissolve?

That’s 64 lbs. even one lbs may look to be a lot.
  14. WorthFlorida

Kitchen faucet issues -- just a bad product or expansion tank needed (or ...?)

My faucet has two spray patterns and use the heavy center stern about 95%. The other spray was so fine it was useless so I drilled out the holes and help a little faucet is 11 years old and cannot remember the brand. Just a few weeks ago I mentioned to the wife time to replace it. The SS finish...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks