Recent content by wakramer

1. W

Furnace installation mistake

I don't see a separate air intake for combustion air. There are no louvers on the cover either. The only place I see for combustion air to enter is the gap around the exhaust pipe.
  2. W

Thank you. Confirmation that the contractors messed up when they originally installed it and that the A/C contractors didn't notice it either. This house has had some unconditioned and unfiltered garage air blowing through the vents for the last 11 years. I imagine this reduced efficiency not to...
  3. W

Maybe this helps illustrate the problem better. You can see the filter at the top and the vents open to the garage which pull in garage air after the filter. This can't be right. Here is the only spot in the installation manual that shows those vent holes and they are only shown on the supply...
  4. W

TG8S080B12MP11B
  5. W

Yes, position of the blower is now on top and burner is on the bottom. It does have a draft induced motor. Yes, the pipe on the left is the gas exhaust vent. This isn't a high efficiency model. When the thermostat is on the fan position, garage air is drawn into the return air side through...
  6. W

I recently noticed that when my furnace was on, there was air being drawn in from the garage through open vents on the return end of the furnace. This is a York furnace that was installed as downflow, which isn't the default configuration. I believe these vents were intended for the supply side...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks