Recent content by Vietjdmboi

1. Vietjdmboi

Can a DIY guy install/replace a water softener?

Absolutely can! I am not a licensed plumber but an engineer and handy man. I added the loop I needed and plumbed everything myself.
  2. Vietjdmboi

Help me fix my Clack WS1 system

Why wouldn't it be the way forward? you obviously have a problem where something you replaced is causing your softener not to function correctly like it did. If you still had the old brine tank and were able to just attached the brine hose wouldn't that then rule out if your new tank is in fact...
  3. Vietjdmboi

Help me fix my Clack WS1 system

have you tried reinstalling your old brine tank to try and rule that out?
  4. Vietjdmboi

PVC roof power vent options

"Why not replace the existing flashing with a new 2" flashing?" Im not against this. Just wanted to see what options were available with the current flashing
  5. Vietjdmboi

Here is an image from the roof side. Flue is about 3 ft long and straight.
  6. Vietjdmboi

I am planning to install a navien npe-180a2 but wanted to see what options I have for the pvc vent. Plan is to do a power vent. Intake air will drawn in from the garage and vented going straight up out the roof. Currently there is a 4” asbestos flue which I want to remove. The roof flashing is...
  7. Vietjdmboi

Proactive steps prior to programming water softener

The main water enters the house in the front of the house where the flowerbed is. There’s no outlet for me to have installed it there. I’ll include a picture. Yes so the bathroom is getting a mixture of both hard and softened water.
  8. Vietjdmboi

Just did a 5b hardness test and it’s 19gmg outside at the spigot and 1gmg inside faucet. Bit of a side note but the bathroom is 10gmg. When the house was built, they split the water coming into the house. Half to the water heater and half to the bathroom. I will be running a dedicated cold...
  9. Vietjdmboi

I did not op for the 10% crosslinked resin but will keep that in mind for the next time. You have NT=2 but you mean 1 correct? And I have paddle flow meter so I will use P0.7 Thank you for the very detailed info!
  10. Vietjdmboi

I just installed a Fleck 5600sxt water softener system but wanted to get an idea of steps I need to prior to programming the unit. Ex: getting a total harness kit and measuring at my home Any other items I need to research measure before I can properly program my unit? Here are some specs -...
  11. Vietjdmboi

Sprinkler valve replacement 3/4'' in 1/2'' out

I just purchased this home which still has all the old metal body valves which are leaking. I want to replace them with newer units to use a timer. I did notice the inlet size is 3/4'' and outlet is 1/2''. Would it be ok to just use what's there or look to replace the outlet to 3/4''? Thanks...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks