Recent content by Timoteo

1. Timoteo

Best round Toilet for California 1.28 GPF Requirements?

Thanks to Terry and everyone who responded to my two postings here. I was able to get my new American Standard toilet installed. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.
  2. Timoteo

This is what is available for pick up...
  3. Timoteo

Thanks. Much appreciate your input. Just looked online.... for some reason, the Toto round - Drake or Entrada - aren't available at large retailers in Los Angeles. I don't get it... where have all the toilets gone? What seems to be available from Terry's list? American Standard Cadet or...
  4. Timoteo

I saw a few post recommending the Toto Entrada elongated bowl. I am wondering if there are better recommendations for a round bowl, or should I go with the entrada round...
  5. Timoteo

Concrete under toilet?

measuring: the cast iron pipe is 4 inches below floor... with a 4 inch lead flange attached that comes to floor level. The pushtite flange should go right to where the lead and cast iron are joined. The gasket itself would seal up against the old lead flange, which is smooth. The lead flange...
  6. Timoteo

Concrete under toilet?

Ok. I think this is what I should do. Please correct me if I am mistaken. (crawl space access is difficult, would have to hire a particularly thin guy to crawl under there!) (1) attached "Sioux Chief closet flange support" to floor...
  7. Timoteo

Concrete under toilet?

since I have a 4 inch cast iron pipe, should I buy a 4 inch gasketed closet flange?
  8. Timoteo

Concrete under toilet?

you said: "cut the cast iron off". The pipe is cast iron all the way down. connecting to more cast iron pipes. I am not sure what you mean.
  9. Timoteo

Concrete under toilet?

lead flange is 4 inches long. unable to straighten it. for the most part, it is level with the wooden floor. The cast iron pipe continues down 27 inches (including the 4 inches of the flange). The interior diameter of the lead flange is 4 inches. Do I just buy the 3 inch closet flange...
  10. Timoteo

Concrete under toilet?

There is nothing attached to the floor. There are just two small holes where lag bolts held the toilet down. Here are photos of the underside of the toilet. It appears there was a plastic funnel thingy attached to the underside of the toilet with a whole lot of wax. Then the entire...
  11. Timoteo

Concrete under toilet?

Yes, it is a cast iron pipe directly under there. Here is a phot where I cut away the rubber mat that was over the wood floor. So what do I do now? Is it time to call a plumber? Is this something I can do myself.... can I attach a flange I buy from the store? FYI - The guy that...
  12. Timoteo

Concrete under toilet?

well, I got the toilet off. It was held in from bolts that screwed directly into the floor. I don't see a flange. It seems the toilet was just set over the hole? This is what it looks like underneath.
  13. Timoteo

Concrete under toilet?

The back bolt is 14 inches from the wall. ( The toilet tank itself is 2 inches from the wall.) Assume that is enough clearance that I can buy a any new toilet from Lowes. I plan on varnishing the wood floor (see attached photo of wooden kitchen floor leading into back porch). The back porch...
  14. Timoteo

Concrete under toilet?

Yes, this is wooden floor over a crawl space. The bathroom is very old and and we have no intention of remodeling it. Don't want to throw money at this room when it is a little bigger than a broom closet. Clearly added as an afterthought... we think in the 1930s. At some point, some other...
  15. Timoteo

Concrete under toilet?

Hello. Has anyone seen this before. I am not sure how to proceed. The house was built in 1910 and the bathroom is off the back porch. Very old. The wood floor has a rubber mat laid over it and nailed in place. The 4 bolt toilet sits on a thin layer of concrete. (photos attached} Now...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks