Recent content by Theruler

1. Theruler

Exhaust in house, Triangletube Prestige 110

Well, got a tech who figured it out, the boiler had the wrong settings for combustion. Apparently it was set for the previous version of the boiler and not the more latest version so the air/gas mix was totally off. Tech figured out with TT on the phone and recalibrated using combustion...
  2. Theruler

Thx, tech coming this afternoon with a combustion analyzer. Is combustion analysis part of the annual inspection or do most techs only do that when they think there is a problem?
  3. Theruler

I think we are agreeing that there is a problem with combustion and ventilation. I am confused about the word "leak". I do not believe that there is raw natural gas in the house but rather exhaust coming in. Totally agree we need do get fixed asap, find venting problem and ensure combustion...
  4. Theruler

Care to explain what u disagree with?
  5. Theruler

That's the issue, there isn't a leak. The exhaust is coming back into the house and the thinking is poor ventilation or too little oxygen coming in for proper combustion. That has to be the issue, just have to figure it out. Unless anyone has any other ideas about what would cause exhaust to...
  6. Theruler

Thank you! I am pushing the issue with my HVAC guys and insisting on a combustion analysis. Is there any other cause for the exhaust entering the house besides poor ventilation? Could it be a problem with the boiler itself such as a timing mismatch between the flame and the release of gas...
  7. Theruler

I have a TriangleTube Prestige 110 natural gas boiler that was installed in 2012. There is an intermittent gas smell that we (myself, my HVAC guy and PSEG gas company) believe to be an exhaust smell meaning the gas exhaust is coming back into the house from the boiler itself. It happens when...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks