Recent content by Terry H

1. Terry H

Vessel sink with overflow

Bronze Bathroom Decorative Sink Drain https://www.lowes.com/pd/Keeney-Bronze-Bathroom-Decorative-Sink-Drain/1000422959 They have them.
  2. Terry H

House Repipe designing

The water hammer could be from a few things but the high pressure doesn’t help and could be the source altogether. I’d recommend uponor or rehau piping but if you’re willing to buy uponor tool for their fittings you will be happy. Their system does not restrict flow and the piping can be bent...
  3. Terry H

Galvanized steel to PVC in bathroom: plumbing vent + tub drain

https://www.plumbingsupplynow.com/2-x-1-1-2-x-1-1-2-pvc-dwv-combination-wye-1-8-bend-d502241 I’m not familiar with UPC but a 2” combination and a couple of bushings should satisfy it from what’s been said. What you have done would pass here unless they didn’t like the 90s with the venting. You...
  4. Terry H

Oh I see what he was saying now. Yea I don’t see why that would be a problem. A brushing would reduce at the fitting but you just did it a couple inches out. Surely they’ll let that slide. Look for a bushing they fit inside of the fitting and reduce there since you are cutting it out anyway.
  5. Terry H

A combo is a wye that has a 45 also. It’s like a wye with a sweep on the arm of the wye. And get a 2x1-1/2 bushing to glue in the hub ends to make it how you need it.
  6. Terry H

IPC allows San tee on its back for venting as far as I’ve ever been taught. Inspectors let it fly here.
  7. Terry H

Moen faucet stuck..

I see. Get a strap wrench and try to get it off that way to keep from damaging the handle.
  8. Terry H

How to fasten kitchen sink handle (Delta?)

Delta is good about their warranty system. I’ve had them cover and send me new faucets for things they shouldn’t have. I guess it’s worth a shot but that handle there won’t set you back much.
  9. Terry H

Moen faucet stuck..

Drill the set screw if it has one or if it’s from the top then drill the head off the screw. It can be tough but that’s what I’ve had to do for other reasons.
  10. Terry H

Leaking shut off valve, gate valve

Some have parts that seem to be universal and some you can hang it up. Best bet is to take the parts with you and see if something matches if you don’t want to replace.
  11. Terry H

How to take out mixer cartridge - urgent help needed!

If I’m seeing it correctly there are 4 prongs that probably screw off. I’ve had to use screwdrivers and a hammer and slowly and easily tap to get it broke loose and then some needle nose would probably work getting it the rest of the way. Sometimes you have to improvise but be careful using...
  12. Terry H

PEX Crimp rings

Something tells me no. But it might help to put pressure to keep it sealed. Edit: I would get another one though.
  13. Terry H

1" vs 3/4" for potable house supply

Isn’t it around 7? Not to exceed for pvc?
  14. Terry H

Main water service copper line through concrete wall

I see it all the time but if he knows anything he should know it can put a hole. It doesn’t do it every time but it does do it. A lot of people only sleeve copper gas pipe that goes through concrete because of the hazard although more and more are getting on board. Unfortunately this is why...
  15. Terry H

1" vs 3/4" for potable house supply

What kind of pressure and volume do you get from the well? I’d lean towards 3/4 myself. Unless you have a need somewhere else that you aren’t noting.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks