Recent content by TedL

1. TedL

Resin in Screens

Any of the online conversion tools will tell you that 1 cu ft = 7.5 gal. So, your stated loss is trivial.
  2. TedL

AQUAFINE AQUA II 20u

Most water softeners have a brine tank that you can dump 50 -100 kilos of salt into. The valve meters the amount used for each regeneration by metering the water that it dissolves into.
  3. TedL

Fleck 5600 water softener makes noise

If this hasn't passed the point of anyone caring about the facts, here's what I found in the Clack manual: The control valve uses no traditional fasteners (e.g. screws); instead clips, threaded caps and nuts and snap type latches are used. Caps and nuts only need to be firmly hand tightened...
  4. TedL

Fleck 5600 water softener makes noise

This kind of crap belongs in a PM, not here. I like a good discussion/argument based on what to do/what works. But this is in the same class as name calling.
  5. TedL

New resin for model 60

Tip: For those of you wishing to use silicone lube/sealer for any purpose, Lowes sells a reasonably sized, reasonably priced ($4+/-) container. Say, for the o-rings on a kitchen faucet spout.
  6. TedL

Gas line obstructing dryer vent. Please help!

As has been pointed out, a leak in a gas line can be a real bummer. And I certainly would not recommend that anyone's introduction to working with steel pipe be with black gas pipe. On the other hand, no one cares more about my home and the people in it than I do. When the gas utility had...
  7. TedL

Gas line obstructing dryer vent. Please help!

If you're looking to get the dryer hooked up, there are aluminum telescoping rectangular/oval connectors that would work for you to make the connection. At HD and other places. You should also be able to get a cap to put on the valve while there.
  8. TedL

Clear plastic tube from wash tub - what is it for?

Sounds like a floor trap primer. Since the floor drain trap only gets water in "emergency" conditions, it would dry up under normal conditions, losing its seal. Thus, the primer to prevent that problem. Sound like yours is working.
  9. TedL

New resin for model 60

It would be 21 quarts or 5.25 gallons.
  10. TedL

Replacing exterior supply line to the meter

It would serve you well to locate a copy of the applicable plumbing code. Online, in library, available to read at building dept., available to purchase at building dept. are all possibilities. A quick check of the Ontario code shows a minimum size of 3/4 inch. Link below, page 42. In the US...
  11. TedL

Replacing exterior supply line to the meter

Sounds like a failure to communicate, involving "maximum" instead of "minimum". Or someone who thinks DIYers are just a PITA, and tries to make life difficult by "hazing" them. From the stories related here, it seems like the majority of inspectors act like petty dictators, who enforce their...
  12. TedL

Tank will not refill

Absolutely true. But if someone's reading this at 10 pm and the only toilet isn't working, and they don't keep a stock of toilet supply lines on hand, they might appreciate a tip on how to get it functioning 'til they can do a real fix.
  13. TedL

Tank will not refill

Short term fix, if it's a bad floodsafe, is to unscrew supply line from valve to relieve pressure, then reconnect.
  14. TedL

two drain problems what to do?

Call the landlord and report the problems.
  15. TedL

2 days 42 views 0 replies - Thanks alot

Such a wonderful human being, and everyone refused to share their extensive knowledge of whatever the heck he installed.:(:(
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks