Recent content by System48

1. System48

Water Softener Downsizing

Finally getting my system put back together and setting the new timings but had a question regarding salt grids. When figuring out the salt dosage do I need to take the salt grid into consideration? In my brine tank it takes 3 gallons to get the water level above the grid, I know eventually...
  2. System48

Thanks Bannerman and Reach4. Is there any concern in having the brine tank sit stagnant for potentially up to 30 days when using carbon filtered municipal water?
  3. System48

A few reasons, I'll have improved salt efficiency with a more appropriately sized system. I'd be forcing a regen at 14 days at the most and at 64k I'd be wasting roughly half the capacity based on my usage. Add on to that, due to poor planning and worse maintenance my current resin is nearing...
  4. System48

Our county is bringing online a nanofiltration system what will reduce our hardness from 22 GPG down to 8 GPG. I have been using a 64k capacity system for last 10ish years without too many issues and wanted to sanity check my sizing for a new system. The sizing math I did would put me at a...
  5. System48

Water softener and filtration

I first setup my system as follows. Iron Reduction > Softener > GAC Filter > Sediment My thought process. We have city water but there is still low level iron, can't remember PPM at the moment, so I just used a potassium permanganate filter for iron reduction. I wanted all the iron out before...
  6. System48

Irrigation System Faucet

The house is new construction, plumbed entirely with CPVC, so that's what I am starting with. For the two current hose connections, there's a 3/4" stub from a 1" tee and then it's reduced to 1/2". On one it runs 1/2" for a total length of roughly 25' through 4x 90 elbows. On the other it's...
  7. System48

Irrigation System Faucet

I am working towards installing an irrigation system and I am starting with getting the water supply setup. I currently have two Proflo frost free bibs fed by long runs of 1/2" CPVC through a few elbows. I'll be replacing the two existing bibs with Woodford Model 19 3/4" swt, doing sweat...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks