Recent content by SteveW

1. SteveW

A tiny bit of water on the back of shut off valve after replacing

Terry used to talk about putting a drop of oil on threads of copper compression fittings to help get it tightened adequately. I've tried this and it can help.
  2. SteveW

Current Toto Drake round front models

Speaking of Toto's reputation for excellent engineering, one thing I learned on this site from Terry himself was that Toto uses a different method for casting their toilets. They use a drier form of clay so it doesn't "slump" as much as it sets. This translates to less chance of a restriction in...
  3. SteveW

Kitchen sink slow drain

Yes, it can definitely clear a drain, as long as there is at least some flow. It won't open a completely blocked drain, but if there is even a little bit of flow, it can open it further over a couple days of applying it. Were I the OP, I would give Bio-Clean a try.
  4. SteveW

Kitchen sink slow drain

I learned about Bio-Clean from Terry a number of years ago and have had good luck with it. Takes a few days but often does a nice job with slow drains.
  5. SteveW

Water meter restrictors for drought

Just saw this article about local water utility installing flow restrictors on the meters of consumers who don't follow the rules during the drought: https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/28/us/california-water-restriction-enforcement-elam/index.html
  6. SteveW

Replacing shutoff valve on CPVC

Good point -- I missed that originally.
  7. SteveW

Only one problem -- not much length to work with once he cuts off the old stop.
  8. SteveW

Yep -- I can't get over the sight of that fitting not being compression!
  9. SteveW

I had never heard of a glue-on compression fitting-- you learn something every day on this site!
  10. SteveW

I understand that it would be most likely that, if the rest of the house is plumbed w CPVC, that this bathroom would be, too. But when I look at this pic, the very small surface area of the supply pipe between the escutcheon and the valve does not look like plastic to me. Looks like chrome. Am I...
  11. SteveW

Maybe it's the angle, but to me this doesn't look like CPVC. It appears you have a compression fitting on a copper pipe?
  12. SteveW

Toto Aimes vs Aquia IV vs Legato

I have 3 older Totos in my house, one of which uses the Unifit system. I like the Unifit system because it makes it really easy to pull and replace the toilet (say, if you want to paint behind it). You don't have to mess with wax rings to do so. You do need to be able to drill some holes in...
  13. SteveW

Buying from Box store vs.

Hope you like 'em-- I'm a big Toto fan. Nice to have a product that just works -- virtually never clogs, good bowl wash.
  14. SteveW

Uncloggable Toilet

Adding probiotics may not be as helpful as going for less meat and more plants: https://nutritionfacts.org/2011/09/29/bowel-movements-the-scoop-on-poop/
  15. SteveW

Uncloggable Toilet

Closing the loop on this thread -- appears the conversation has moved here: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/best-toilet-for-large-bms.60540/
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks