Recent content by SteveMcqueen

1. SteveMcqueen

New Water Heater Schematic

Yes, I've owned a couple of Bullitt Mustangs (2008, and currently a 2019) and have been to the Boys Republic school for a car show and charity event. I love the '19 Bullitt, it's fantastic. See answers above. Thanks for the interest and advice. Let me know if there's something I should...
  2. SteveMcqueen

PRV replacement ... DIY friendly?

Good point. Mine did fortunately. Easy peasy.
  3. SteveMcqueen

PRV replacement ... DIY friendly?

I recently replaced my Zurn Wilkins 70XL and found that the rebuild kit cost more than a whole new assembly.
  4. SteveMcqueen

Here's what I ended up with. (I did install the check valve just downstream of the main CW inlet valve.) It's all fired up and hot water pours forth from the faucets etc. Anyone see any glaring problems or code violations? I'll probably redo the TPR discharge pipe as I reused the one from...
  5. SteveMcqueen

I wasn't planning to add the heat trap loops. They weren't there in the old system and I was under the impression that they were built in to the WH. The nipple variety anyway. The WH is in a small alcove with limited space for excess pipes etc. Also, I live in So. Cal. and I'm not too...
  6. SteveMcqueen

Thanks for the reply. I'm having some difficulty picturing what you're describing. So, after the check valve, where I would normally add a tee for the expansion tank connection (I'm using a flex hose from the wall-mounted tank) I would simply add a hose bib there and connect the flex hose to that?
  7. SteveMcqueen

Hi all, I had to pull my water heater to do some drywall repairs and have decided to install a new one while I'm at it. My home has a dedicated hot water return line and with the old plumbing (the HW return joined the cold water supply just downstream of the shut-off valve, no check valve or...
  8. SteveMcqueen

Slip joint with ABS DWV pipe between joists - Kosher?

Thanks guys. I'm going to let it ride. :)
  9. SteveMcqueen

Follow up question...After reviewing proper ABS joint gluing instructions I'm a little worried I used too much cement and/or allowed some to run down in to the pipe. Aka the puddling bits on the cement can instructions. When I glued the short 1.5" pipe in to the top/vertical hub of the tee...
  10. SteveMcqueen

Actually, I looked again, it's 1.5' to the elbow. There's a 2x4 w/strap just to the left of the left-side coupling.
  11. SteveMcqueen

Thanks again for the advice everyone. I think I got it right. Do you think I need to add support/strap the right side after the coupling? It's about a 2-3' run to a 90° elbow and vertical drop to the main drain line in the slab.
  12. SteveMcqueen

Thanks for the tip! (I figured straight was best given the design of these couplings.) Only had to go to 2 HDs and 1 Lowes! The couplings seems to be in short supply both online and in the stores. Around here anyway.
  13. SteveMcqueen

Or is there a more appropriate tee/wye that I should be considering for this repair? You mentioned a 1.5" flex coupling for the downpipe. Would I just add short length of pipe out of the tee hub to make that connection?
  14. SteveMcqueen

Another question just popped in to my head (and this is what steered me to the slip joint idea earlier.) With regard to the downpipe (not sure if this is official plumbing jargon...) when I cut the existing tee out, I lose the flange depth length on the downpipe. Now if I use the exact same...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks