Recent content by Skyjumper

1. Skyjumper

Rheem Pro leaking at 8yrs

excellent comments here, thank you all. one more ask --- I'd like to put a pan under the other still functional WH and keep it in use. any tricks to do this? obviously I need to disconnect the water/gas pipes and the flue. I'll drain the tank to lighten it. then scoot it out of the way, place...
  2. Skyjumper

thermal expansion tank?? never heard of them until just now, I guess that answers the question...
  3. Skyjumper

99% sure its the tank leaking. the connections are dry. water leaking from under the unit. and of course I didn't install a pan. lesson learned. even if the only upgrade is a 2nd anode rod, that's worth the extra $70. I spent days trying to replace mine and had to give up on it. I will cut...
  4. Skyjumper

I installed two Rheem Professional 50gal WHs 8 yrs ago. Today one of them started leaking. I know very little about water heaters, but I'm not happy I only got 8yrs out of these. I'm guessing the other will go soon enough. Are the 12yr heaters at HD better? or are you just paying for a...
  5. Skyjumper

Replacing Media on my H2S+iron filter.

the top basket is a pain to remove. easier to just cut it off and replace. or just soak the whole valve body/basket in iron out to clean it. you could tilt the tank to pull the riser? or just cut it and replace it and the bottom basket. either way you're going to have to get the tank out of...
  6. Skyjumper

Helping a neighbor put together a softener they want to self-install - supply sources?

don't take this the wrong way, but if your neighbor is asking you for help, and you're asking the internet for help, you probably shouldn't be getting involved in this project. you will forever be blamed for anything that doesn't work perfectly.
  7. Skyjumper

New Iron Filter still see Iron.

you should put the drain flow button back in. you don't want media to discharge, not just because its wasting media but also because it will get stuck in the valve seals and cause leaks and excess wear. make sure you're not draining water out the drain line while the unit is in service. you...
  8. Skyjumper

Trying to find a solution for 19 gpg Hardness, 1.5 ppm Iron and 525 TDS

they are trying to rob you. here's what you need. - Ozone iron filter, 10x54 tank with Clack WS1 valve and 1.5cuft Katalox media. - 10x54 softener with Clack WS1 and 1.5cuft resin. Clack, ozone, and Katalox are critical for the iron filter. the ozone generator is attached to the Clack...
  9. Skyjumper

Sump Pump Design Feedback

sounds like a good plan. please keep us updated on the performance of the pumps, and the Yeti.
  10. Skyjumper

one other thing I'll add is it's best practice to have each pump on a dedicated circuit breaker. that way if one breaker trips it won't take out both pumps. this is also a lesson I learned. you've got the yeti in there but I'm assuming it plugs into house power; if possible put it on a different...
  11. Skyjumper

I had both a 1/2hp Zoeller and 1/2hp storm pro in my pit at my old house. the zoeller is a bigger pump and took up more space, and consumed more power for the same pumping performance. I don't immediately recall which one pumped more, but there was no discernable difference, and that shouldn't...
  12. Skyjumper

GR hey that's my hometown. the hydrocheck switches are the best. I have the dual probe version where you can precisely set both turn on and turn off levels, but the single probe should be fine too. mine has been in service for at least 6 years, probably 500,000+ cycles. i've had Zoeller pumps...
  13. Skyjumper

New Iron Filter Losing Air Pocket

the water guy may not be happy, and that means he's in the wrong business. he should be more worried about his customer not being happy with the malfunctioning equipment he sold you. I have one these filters. it did the same thing you describe. you can search my posts going back a couple years...
  14. Skyjumper

New Iron Filter still see Iron.

thats not good. is this constant? that is, does it just keep draining? or is it just some residual drain water siphoning out your 26ft drain line that stops in a couple mins? before you do too much more messing with it you should take a few measurements with your new iron test kit and then get...
  15. Skyjumper

Building a Reliable Water System to Prevent H2S Slippage that my wife can handle

the ozone generator i am speaking of is included with the valve. attached to it like the 2nd link you show. the link i shared has it too they just didn't show it. it requires periodic cleaning which your wife would probably have to hire someone to do, but it would certainly be less costly than a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks