Recent content by Shakaworld

1. Shakaworld

Ozone or UV in addition to water softener

Ok I will look to replace the relief valve - if they fail do they normal fail closed or open
  2. Shakaworld

F - not sure if there is tar will have to check however there is water so i'm not sure if it is leaking or since E is a pressure relief valve would it kick on when things like sprinklers and such shut off because of the check valve to prevent water hammer? I will review the write-up. The...
  3. Shakaworld

Here is the way the well setup looks
  4. Shakaworld

yes the well top is 10 inch above ground and I do see a bit of wetness around the top - not sure on how deep the well is but it not a top side pump that is bringing up the water
  5. Shakaworld

I will find out what the media is but yes it removes the sulphur/sulfur smell - thanks for the links Reach4 and Dittohead
  6. Shakaworld

Sulfur block - http://www.affordablewater.biz/sulfur-block-water-treatment-system it was already installed at the house when I bought it and had the media recently changed out. the sample was from a faucet that is attached inline about a foot from the outside well head so the positive test for...
  7. Shakaworld

Currently I have a sulfur block regenerating filter and installing a new Fleck 5812 3 cf water softener and a Fleck 5812 Carbon Filter 3 cf. Does any one have any experience with a UV light system or a Ozone system for killing bacteria instead of chlorine or any other suggestions that should...
  8. Shakaworld

Water softener regeneration

yes replacing the 1.5 cuft softener and fleck 5600 head with a 2.5 fleck and 5812 head - I'll check on the injector to see the sizing the house is 3 bath with an additional bath in the detached studio guest house
  9. Shakaworld

Water softener regeneration

Currently I have a 10x54 tank installed with a Fleck 5600 head for a water softener with 1.5 cf resin going to a 13x54 tank with a Fleck 5812 head with 2.5/3 cf resin - in order regenerate would there be any issue during the regeneration process with the larger tank as far as the amount of resin...
  10. Shakaworld

Cycle Stop Valve and carbon filter/water softener

Thank you I will check into the Fleck 5810 SXT and using Hydrogen peroxide
  11. Shakaworld

Cary - thanks for the info on the pumps wasn't sure on the 3 gpm and didn't want to add the CSV to the line if it was the bad designed pump. Well driller/pump installer coming out next week to see what pump actually is there from his sales information but based on your info I'll get things...
  12. Shakaworld

Watershield Gold

I have a kit from karlabs coming to test the water at the well spigot - I think it is a 1hp pump I tracked down the well driller/pump installer and he is coming out next week will see if I can find out full specs on the pump - I plan on adding in a chlorine injector system with retention tank...
  13. Shakaworld

Watershield Gold

Thank you Reach4 for the updated Information - I will check with the local place that has the sticker on the tank to see if I can find out the type of media used - not sure if they did the install because of the out of order placement. I will get things painted and put up a awning to help...
  14. Shakaworld

Thank you for the quick response - I would rather not use the Scala pump - and I probably would be replacing the 62 gallon tank with the 10 gallon tank that is an option for the sidekick. I'll have to pick up a water spigot gauge to test the actual psi coming from the pump - just trying to get...
  15. Shakaworld

I looking into getting the Custom PK1A PSIDE-KICK Kit - 10 gallon Valve setting: 70 I currently have a 62 gallon tank on a well with a 1hp pump with 1 inch piping - right now the pressure switch is reading 55 psi would getting the csv with a setting of 70 psi help with the pressure drop...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks