Recent content by seann

1. seann

Hot water heater running

Well you better catch it!
  2. seann

Need some advice on this fix!! Urgent

Not real clear on what your issue is exactly? Sounds like your drain keeps backing up every couple months? But i dont understand what that has to do with tearing into the ceiling? Anyways.. A couple ideas.... you have 1 of these 2 issues. 1) your 16ft run of 3" drain line has no...
  3. seann

Inner core vs no core?

Hello, I have been using 3/4" hollow core for years on sewers with no issue. I have always used a plastic inner core in my 3/8 cables for kitchen sinks and such. However, I am considering switching to no core on 3/8 cables and wondering if it is a bad idea or not? Have any if you...
  4. seann

Is this plumbed incorrectly?

Stupid question probably but is this plumbed incorrectly? I was told it is breaking the vent to the toilet and the shower, but it seems like it should functionally be fine. What am I missing? Double 45 to toilet, and double 45 to shower drain in the photos. The 2" wye is tied to a 2"vent on...
  5. seann

Sewer camera recommendations?

Hello, I'm looking to buy a sewer camera my drain cleaning business. I have worked at other companies in the past that have used the rigid camera set ups with a 200ft reel, monitor, and navitrack scout locater, but that set up costs about $10,000 and I can't afford that. What are some good...
  6. seann

Detecting a water service leak under ground?

Thanks, that actually a good idea to try. I didn't think if that.
  7. seann

Detecting a water service leak under ground?

My neighbor just told me that her sump pump has been kicking on and off every few minutes since December. The pump is working and extracting water correctly, but it keep running in through the drain tile at a good rate she says. She lives in a duplex and she says the neighbors on both sides of...
  8. seann

How to keep spray cleaner from freezing?

Lol, that's a little more excessive than I'm looking for, but thanks. Plus it would still freeze during the day when I'm out and about. I did just run across a post on another forum a little bit ago where another guy was having the same issue. He claimed that he started using automotive...
  9. seann

How to keep spray cleaner from freezing?

I clean a lot of drains. So I keep spray cleaner in my van to use for cleaning up area afterwards. Problem is it's winter time and my spray cleaners will freeze solid in my van and are unusable. Besides bringing them into my house every night. Are any particular cleaners that will not...
  10. seann

Poly PEX fitting?

Sure I can understand that. I think it's what we are use to using and looking at all the time that makes us bias, and influences our perspective on how we think something new and foregin looks to us. To me, being use to seeing other methods, uponer system looks very bulky at the connections in...
  11. seann

Poly PEX fitting?

I'm sure uponer plastic fittings are very high quality. I don't think I would have any concerns with using them based on what I've learned about them over the last few days of reading. I've been so resistant the idea of using uponer pex . Nobody I know of in my city uses it. It's all pex b...
  12. seann

Poly PEX fitting?

What brand of fittings have you been using mostly?
  13. seann

Poly PEX fitting?

Is have been running PEX piping for years using brass fittings and occasionally copper PEX fittings if that's all that is available at in a certain fitting. I use PEX B and sometimes PEX A for certain situations. Haven't had any problems with it but the price is very high. And I'm looking to...
  14. seann

Shower Catridge Knocking

Yes that is the pressure balancing spool like HJ said. Is it doing it when the shower valve is in the off position?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks