Recent content by Scottp999

1. Scottp999

Went on vacation, forgot a couple things

Hi, before we left for a week, I remembered to turn off the water at the home entry point and turn off power to both water heaters. I forgot to turn off power to a water softener and another anion exchange unit plus a 12gpm UV, and 1gpm UV lamps. How concerned should I be about that? For example...
  2. Scottp999

Water softener and UV lights while on vacation??

Hi, before we left for a week, I remembered to turn off the water at the home entry point and turn off power to both water heaters. I forgot to turn off power to a water softener and another anion exchange unit plus a 12gpm UV, and 1gpm UV lamps. How concerned should I be about that? For...
  3. Scottp999

Leaking drain line

Thanks for you reply, although it makes me uneasy that a company that specializes in this work would potentially under size the drain lines. I have another plumber coming out tomorrow from a different company to see if he can take care of me.
  4. Scottp999

Leaking drain line

Right the leak is at the bottom/lowest arrow. I'm not sure I want to have them back, but I can try one more time :) I've heard of people using a dremel to cut the crimps. Thanks for your thoughts.
  5. Scottp999

Leaking drain line

Hi, I'm stuck on how to fix a softener drain leak. I had a company come out last year for an install and re-config of my filter system, and they changed the drain from standard 5/8" OD and 1/2" ID, over to PEX so that 2 devices could merge into same line and drain (one was a water softener and...
  6. Scottp999

Ro booster pump vs membrane rate

Appreciate that level of detail. Thanks.
  7. Scottp999

1) Correct, 2) Not Required. I was doing a lot of testing on TDS creep in the tank from water pressure across the membrane vs. back pressure from the holding tank. Best result for me was to add the 90% ASO. Theoretically, that stops the water flow before the ERP-500 so there is less back...
  8. Scottp999

Thanks. I'm using a premeate pump and the high pressure ASV. Aquatec ERP-500 + AFW ASV90 ASV90-14Q 90% Auto Shut Off Valve for reverse osmosis ASV for RO with permeate pump.
  9. Scottp999

Interesting situation. No recommendations, but watching. We have 2 adults, 2 children, tds 350-450, and I experimented with 100GPD, 75GPD, and 50GPD and various flow restrictors for the drain side. 50GPD turned out best. My guess is that the 50GPD produces water more slowly and there is less TDS...
  10. Scottp999

Whole house Carbon Filter

Our public water comes in the house as high as 430ppm TDS, at 23 GPG hardness. There is some good nitrates in there too. I try to remove chlorine before the softener to help the resin life. We also treat for sediment, nitrates, barium, radium 226/228, more active carbon post softener, and whole...
  11. Scottp999

Thoughts on RO system or suggestions for another

agree. I did tee off after the 1st 3 filters so i could get the new filter carbon fines down to a bucket before hitting the RO membrane, and a divider after all components so i could drain the tank to a bucket a few times on startup. I could easily add a divider out between those two elements...
  12. Scottp999

Thoughts on RO system or suggestions for another

Installed in the basement this weekend below the refrigerator. Have to do a full water test shortly to compare to one about a year ago. Based on TDS readings the Alkaline/Mineral filter is adding about 60-65 TDS above the water coming from the membrane. The permeate pump is loud. I ordered some...
  13. Scottp999

Worried about Big Blue filter housing rupture

Great point. Yes there is a capped off Wye at the ceiling level above the pit. Thanks! I was looking at one of those all inclusive sump pumps, that had a drain right in the lid that has a float so gasses cannot escape through the drain. Something like this. Maybe I could just get that lid...
  14. Scottp999

correct. pressure relief valve from the tankless unit, there is also a pressure regulator near the incoming water supply for the house. I like Bannerman's idea and will discuss that with her. Put a drain near the existing pit (which is in same room as the potential filter system and existing...
  15. Scottp999

There is a prv, and pipe down but no drain or drain pan below. Rather than installing the sewage ejection pump, if she has no plans to put in that basement bathroom, then maybe one of those leak detection systems that turns off the main would be more economical in this situation...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks