Recent content by Scolabird

1. Scolabird

Pump runs no water

Didn't see this Ran a drop pipe 1 inch all the way but a foot off bottom of casing Has water static at 16 ft its been running clear for an hour filling livestock tanks
  2. Scolabird

Pump runs no water

60 ft washed down pvc well 2" casing with 4 ft screenpoint. Well was done by a small professional outfit 2 years ago. It has a 1hp topside shallow pump and pressure switch cheapo pump ever biltmore and has provided water for our household for 2 years without fail. We left water pumping to our...
  3. Scolabird

Shallow well round 3

We have a 12ft deep well that we washed down with galvanized pipe and mud pan/ trash pump with a 3 1/2 inch cutting head. That well has gone nearly dry and we have tinkered enough to call it quits and try again(we assumed it would go dry due to shallow depth but had such gr8 flow (6 gpm) and no...
  4. Scolabird

Shallow Well Woes (super shallow)

Thanks every1 for feedback! We cut well pipe and ran a snake cam down the 2 inch shallow well casing and found that we had in fact a few inches of screen point drawing air(above the static water) although the bottom was mostly in water thus the air leak aymptoms/bubbles and surging. We tried the...
  5. Scolabird

Aye could the bladder tank/pressure tank be failing and causing air symptoms?
  6. Scolabird

My thoughts also ... Well I fixed any leaks on outlet side... I tightened all fittings on intake side(suction) same troubles exist. I'm thinking about putting a 1 inch drop pipe inside the 2inch shaft and see if maybe shes drawing a tad bit of air at the top of the wellpoint screen???? Does this...
  7. Scolabird

Have an extremely shallow 4" diameter well casing washed down to only 16feet in NW FL sand . 1hp pump and typical pressure tank maybe 20gallons...The well is 2"PVC with a traditional screen point, a top side 2inch check valve and no drop pipe. We put well down a year ago and run it regularly...
  8. Scolabird

Driven well troubles 60ft deep

Dumb question 4 ya..... Wheres the jet??? The new pump come with a venturi looking tube rig and another little deal.. it appeared both of those apparatuses* apperatti, Were (if used) to be installed down the shaft in a deep well application? We used neither and simply hooked it up like our old...
  9. Scolabird

Driven well troubles 60ft deep

Ok ladies and gents I'm a newbie to forums and wells in general. A year ago I drove a well here in Fountain,Fl a half hour north of Panama City in mostly sandy soil and some hardpans. I used a tractor some pulleys and a 250 pound weight to drive the pipe downward. I used galvanized 1 1/4 pipe as...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks