Recent content by ScaredNewb69

1. S

Move the toilet across the room - what am I missing?

Update After hearing the input on vents, and seeing that there does appears to be a vent, or at least a roof penetration that looks like one in the adjacent laundry room, I'm thinking that adding what I guess is called a re-vent would be doable. Updated drawing below. Existing drain in BLACK...
  2. S

Allllllllright. This is crossing into a territory beyond plumbing. I'll talk to the plumber who will be doing a job in another room about a sewer gas check in the house, and get their professional opinion on whether it's necessary, and I appreciate your concern. Beyond that, I'm not interested...
  3. S

I get where you are coming from and I appreciate the spirit of your advice, but the binary you are proposing - it either 'works' or 'doesn't work' - doesn't actually exist in reality. It certainly doesn't exist in mine. The system as it exists 'works fine.' It doesn't work perfectly, or even as...
  4. S

Update: There does appear to be a vent penetration in the roof above the laundry (the upstream end of the drain).
  5. S

That's a great question. I'm not sure. Unfortunately all the plumbing is hidden under the floor, but above the 'belly', (combo rodent/moisture barrier +insulation). So it's quite hard to see what's there except where I open the floor. But I will look for a roof penetration above the laundry. If...
  6. S

Ah this is great context. It would also explain potentially why the laundry room is sometimes randomly a bit stinky lol (Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the situation at all, but I'm also aware that with a mobile home I have to work with what I've got)
  7. S

I will open up the floor in a second joist bay tonight and get a better sense of what else is connecting to the line upstream of the intended new location, in terms of vents and/or other fixtures, and add that info here.
  8. S

Thank you for your reply. Would adding a mechanical vent to the toilet arm (branch?) improve it appreciably, or would I need to add/join a roof vent to get the benefit? There is an adjacent vanity that I am thinking could be an easy location for a vent for the wc arm.
  9. S

Would a mechanical vent in an adjacent cabinet (vanity) work?
  10. S

Yeah, it's a mobile home so it's not surprising that it's not to code as-is, even though it's original construction. I even noticed the flange for the wc I just pulled dumped into a straight tee on its back. I'm pretty sure the venting on most of the system is subpar, too, given the number of...
  11. S

Yes, upstream there is a washing machine in the adjacent room to the right. I assume that's the right-have terminus (upstream end) of the main drain line. To the left is another lav+shower+sink, although it's a room away and might be on it's own drain, I'm not sure. Thanks for your reply
  12. S

As a longtime DIYer who has also worked in the trades a bit - but done only a tiny bit of plumbing - I'm considering moving a toilet as part of remodeling a 3/4 bath in my house. I had been planning to just leave all the plumbing as is, frankly because I was intimidated by it. But the subfloor...
  13. S

See you later, not goodbye!

So sorry to hear this. A man who teaches others is a great man indeed.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks