Recent content by RoyBarton

1. RoyBarton

Water stem replacement screwup

I replaced my hot water shower stem two months ago. I don't know what's went wrong. A couple days ago I noticed the faceplate keeps unscrewing when I turn the water on, today I noticed it was leaking out of the back and into the ceiling. The whole stem and everything is unscrewing, rather than...
  2. RoyBarton

Shower leaking behind wall after washer replacement

Changed the whole thing, works like a charm now. Thank you!
  3. RoyBarton

Thank you!! I've attached a photo of the seat. It looks like one that has to be reseated rather than replaced, but I'm not 100% sure. Is there an option for fixing the packing rather than replacing the stem?
  4. RoyBarton

The washer on my hot water stem broke. This is something that happens every few months. Rather than going through the trouble of replacing the stem, I've always just replaced to washer and forgot about it until it breaks again. However this time, when I turn the water on, there's dripping behind...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks