Recent content by Ron Oh!

1. Ron Oh!

"Mucus" or "scum" plugging bathroom drain every 2 months, no odor.

Thanks much WorthFlorida. I had put a weak solution of bleach down the sink drain and plugged it for several days. Understood on cleaning the coils. It looks like a pain to get to them on this unit, but that's the next step I'll take when it gets a bit cooler in the attic! Appreciate your...
  2. Ron Oh!

Thanks John. Snot is a very good description of the goop I'm cleaning out of the drain.
  3. Ron Oh!

I'm 70 and have never seen anything like this. It appears something biological grows in a bathroom sink drain, p-trap and waste line and plugs it about every 2 months. Small auger removes it. It does not have an odor. it feels slippery and dries to a thin paper like consistency, not TP...
  4. Ron Oh!

No way to do PEX to tub spout?

Yes, manufacturer is right, use copper. The 3/4” pex will work but it took 8 days to get the fittings from two different sellers and they were more expensive than readily available copper fittings. Sorry to have done the experiment! Lol.
  5. Ron Oh!

No way to do PEX to tub spout?

Hey there Shadow Aviator. Thank you! I’m so glad you thought of possibly using the 3/4” pex from the valve to the spout. I’m surprised that some other home repairs using 1/2” pex worked fine for me but the current one spewed water from the shower head anytime water was full force. I would...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks