Recent content by Rhino1

1. Rhino1

Old Carrier Furnace Short-Cycling----Not Spark Electrode

Can I post video of what's going on?
  2. Rhino1

I bypassed thermostat, and jumped R to W. Then furnace worked.....kinda. So thermostat seems to be problem for furnace not powering up at all. Just need to put in different one. But furnace is still short-cycling. Burners are on for only a few seconds, and then they go off. And then...
  3. Rhino1

C to W on the control board now has zero volts. And, again, nothing happens when i turn on the thermostat; no furnace, no igniter, no sounds, nothing. So what is likely to be the problem?
  4. Rhino1

looks like there are some burnt out components on the control board. so i guess that will need to be replaced. but i thought the board just controls the blower. would burnt out pcb cause furnace not to power up at all?
  5. Rhino1

I just installed a new valve, and now nothing works----just dead silence when i turn on the thermostat. How can I check the valve to confirm that it's bad? I think that I got the wiring right. It's a EF32CW233 (White-Rodgers). Thanks.
  6. Rhino1

Thanks. I will check on that.
  7. Rhino1

swapped out boards at outset; that didn't help. blower only came on the one time that burners stayed on for a minute. then burners went out, but blower stayed on for a while.
  8. Rhino1

Just tried different thermostat. No change.
  9. Rhino1

I think the hot surface ignitor acts as the flame sensor. Could it be the solenoid in the valve that isn't functioning? The furnace in this video is similar to mine. Btw, do i have to remove one of the wires on thermostat before jumping r to w, to avoid blowing out anticipator?
  10. Rhino1

I've got an old Carrier gas furnace---394GAW model (40 years old?); it's similar to 58GS models. The furnace pilot lights up, but my burners will only stay lit for a few seconds (although last night the burners stayed lit one time for a minute or so, then the blower came on and the burners went...
  11. Rhino1

Footprint for 2-Ton Furnaces?

Thanks for the suggestions!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks