Recent content by QueBall

1. QueBall

Navien Tankless Water Heater Comments and questions

Maybe do a leak check on the heat exchanger. Get the soapy stuff and watch for bubbles. Obviously if this component has failed you should get your installer back in asap. That would be a potentially dangerous situation if combustion gas is leaking out. You want the authorized installer to...
  2. QueBall

New Build - Water Takes Four Minutes to Get Hot (At Some Faucets)

The gold standard would to be having all fixtures connected to a recirculation loop with a short distance from the loop to the fixture (like within 5ft). But if the house is already built, and you did not specify this feature you will have a hard time retrofitting a recirculation system into an...
  3. QueBall

Feeling stupid, my tankless water heater turns cold when I'm in the shower

Good one. 1 house back and 7 years back I installed the last generation of Navien tankless in that house. Had some of the usual problems of that gen version, but since I mostly installed it myself I knew I would pretty much always have a good idea what was wrong with it. (Had licensed...
  4. QueBall

Navien NPE-180A nightmare...

Some other options to consider for noise sources: If the noise is only while burner is running it could be noise in the gas line. If you used CSST pipe (the flexible gas pipe that has the ridges all along it) it can hum. Usually very low frequency noise, a bit like a tuba. Likely to happen...
  5. QueBall

Shower Vent Distance

So that thing in the lower left is supposed to be a vent but they left it capped inside the wall is what you are saying? That seems wrong. It should be a vent. If it's left capped then it's only purpose was to deceive the inspector during rough in. What good is it otherwise besides a place...
  6. QueBall

Canada. Hot Water Tank Change Out. Gas flex?

CSST (Corrugated stainless steel tubing) type gas line is used all the time in Edmonton. No problem at all. You will need to have traditional hard pipe outside from the meter to the inside or anywhere that requires mechanical protection like inside a garage will be rejected but on the interior...
  7. QueBall

Propane torch has wonky flame issue

That is a $15 torch head. If you have cleaned it and it still will not work properly I would just chuck it. It isn't worth the hassle. Probably damaged or clogged beyond a simple cleaning. Replacement: http://www.lowes.com/pd_148722-13877-WK2201C___?productId=50126407&pl=1&Ntt=bernzomatic...
  8. QueBall

Balancing valves for PEX manifold (NOT radiant heating!!)

Circling back on this. Never did anything too special and the system works well. The luke warm water on the longest loop was solved by carefully purging air trapped in that loop. Basically there was a high spot in the return line and throwing a few clamps to straighten it out so the air...
  9. QueBall

Removing Purple Primer Drip (oops)

I have a local acrylic and fibreglass repair guy who can rebuild chips, scratches, and even big chunks taken out of a shower base. If the home remedy didn't work I would have him out. His cost is very reasonable. There are also DIY repair kits in colour matching kits for different big brands...
  10. QueBall

Single handle shower/tub valve recommendations for good flow rate?

Delta gave me a spreadsheet showing the flow rates of their various rough in valves and cartridge combinations at different water pressures. Long story short, for a shower only application the greatest flow combination is the R10000-UNBXHF rough in valve with the 17T cartridge giving you...
  11. QueBall

My grandpa had a saying. Precision made and hammer fitted..
  12. QueBall

There are two styles of recirculation pumps depending on the age of your unit. Older Pump with black cap has a metal wire retention clip you pull out to release the air purge valve and it pulls straight out. Be careful as it's easy to damage the O ring when replacing it. I suggest having a...
  13. QueBall

Reem condensing vertical venting Routing question

You will be fine as long as intake and exhaust are not undersized for their individual run lengths. I'm starting to prefer this configuration actually, less need to capture condensate/rain on the intake and on the side you can clean out any debris that gets sucked in more easily. (spring when...
  14. QueBall

Navien and cast iron rads?

E002 is low water pressure on the heating loop. Did you clean your filters and have you done a flush/de-scale maintenance on the tankless unit every 6-12 months? (More often for hard water especially if you do not have a de-scale filter on the input water supply) Clean out your filters, do a...
  15. QueBall

E010 on Navien with solution and report on my problems over 4 years

Thank you for your concern about gas sizing, yes it is short enough.. Gas has never been an issue with my setup, can run it with all fixtures opened up. Sizing was verified to be good. Also the NR is still sold though maybe not promoted anymore, so they continue to support it plus the 5 year...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks