Recent content by pyro1955

1. pyro1955

Wayne half hp pump on 2 inch well.

Had 2 inch casing pulled and new 4 ft screen installed. Wayne pump s tank and shuts off with tap running now. To the naysayers saying the pump was junk, it was the screen that was plugged. Well works great now.
  2. pyro1955

Deep well jet pump and Jet size?

I would be more than happy with 5 gallons a minute. The chart on the pump says it should do over 6 gallons a minute. since its a cabin, I would be more than happy with it. would just like to know why it seems to be a secret to know what jet should be in the packer.
  3. pyro1955

I replaced everything, except the jet, but it was cleaned. before the well failed, it really never pumped like I believe it should, suspect the jet was never changed when the pump I replaced was installed. Hard to understand why its so hard to get the info and or parts to get this setup properly.
  4. pyro1955

How do I confirm that the Jet in the well is the proper Jet for the Pump? Have Wayne CWS50 1/2 hp pump on a 2 inch packer jet setup, the jet/foot valve is at 30 feet. I replaced the pump with the exact same pump when the well started acting up initially, before pulling the drop pipe. i have...
  5. pyro1955

Can one clean a 2 inch driven well point?

I have a 2 inch driven well that is about 42 feet deep, it appears the screen is plugged or almost plugged. Would dropping those pellets down it actually work?
  6. pyro1955

Need help pulling this cap and drop pipe

Before I pulled it I could pour water in like 5 or 6 gallons and it would not stay filled. Did clean the jet and replaced the foot valve and all new pipe and new leathers. It was pumping but very slow, probably need to reset the pump as well. Will see this weekend. Have compared well logs...
  7. pyro1955

2in well pull Advice

Inside the drop pipe you would only get down to the top of the jet, outside the drop inside the casing you would only get to about the same depth as the leathers are right there. I had to use 1 1/2 tons of lift to get mine to budge.
  8. pyro1955

2in well pull Advice

I was having pressure issues and slowing recovery, then lost prime, reprimed and it lost it again. At that point i had replaced everything above the cap so i knew i had to pull it. 2 inch ID casing, 1 1/4 inch id drop pipe. How did you get a string inside the casing without pulling the cap...
  9. pyro1955

2in well pull Advice

Total depth is about 42 ft, drop is 30 ft.
  10. pyro1955

2in well pull Advice

Mine is in an underground vault, with a pipe up thru to have access to pull the pipe, it was drilled in the 60's and not sure the last time it was pulled, I got all new parts back in it this weekend and it now holds prime, which it was not doing. Now I am waiting and hoping the leathers swell...
  11. pyro1955

2in well pull Advice

I just pulled mine this weekend. I used my engine hoist and a heavy strap wrapped it around the cap and hooked to the hoist, mine was very stuck had to put pressure on it then use a heavy hammer tapping on underside of the tabs where the bolts are bolts removed of course. It only came up about...
  12. pyro1955

Finally got it pulled this weekend. There was just over 30 ft of pipe down the well, total depth appears 42 ft, static water level appeared to be about 23 ft. Pipe had many areas of apparent pitting on outside of drop pipe so it may have been a big part of the problem. Replaced all pipe, new...
  13. pyro1955

I tried with an engine hoist, could not get the strap to stay on to get any lift.
  14. pyro1955

What is the best way to pull this cap, with drop pipe and foot valve, this is a 2 inch galvanized casing.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks