Recent content by poriordan

1. poriordan

Rinnai Tankless starts to run when cold tap turned on

To close this thread out, I bought an NDS part from our local irrigation supply wholesaler. With plenty of PTFE tape, it seals perfectly with the existing 3/4" fittings. After 3 attempts, I've gotten the check valve to the point where the pump can still recirculate water but the Rinnai no...
  2. poriordan

I came across this article that seemed to imply that they could not be connected without leaking: https://diy.stackexchange.com/questions/11582/is-ips-threading-compatible-with-npt-threading/11590 They are close, and both have 14 TPI. Can they be mated without leaking given the slight...
  3. poriordan

Thanks Wayne. Apparently the site you've found is spearsmfg.com. I will call them tomorrow to see if I can buy the part. I also found an adjustable part (also plastic) at https://www.ndspro.com/PDFs/Tech-Spec-Sheets/Adjustable-In-line-Spring-Check-Valve-CV,-UCV,-WCVxx.pdf but it's IPS and I...
  4. poriordan

Back at it ;-) To answer Wayne's question, I do not believe there's a pressure reducing valve on our water supply. I called and spoke with Tech Support at Taco. Mario told me that the Taco unit's internal valve's cracking pressure is 18" of water (or about 0.6 PSI) and that's it's not...
  5. poriordan

Thank you both for your suggestions. I've been banned from any further work on this until after Thanksgiving ;-) I will report back next week
  6. poriordan

Wayne - you fixed it! I isolated the Taco unit and serviced the Chili Pepper as you suggested. There was no dirt inside the spring-loaded check valve so I just tightened it a turn. With the Taco unit isolated and the Chili Pepper "enabled", I can turn on water anywhere and not have the Rinnai...
  7. poriordan

Thanks so much for both posts, Wayne. To answers the question in your first post, the unwanted triggering occurs when any cold tap or toilet is used; not just the ones where the recirc pumps are located. And yes, we have isolation valves on both the cold and hot sides of each recirc pump...
  8. poriordan

Yes, the Taco (and the Chili Pepper) only run when a button is pushed. That turns on the pump that drives the water from the hot line down the cold line. The pump shuts off when the Taco senses the temperature of the water in the hot pipe getting warn.
  9. poriordan

We have just installed a Rinnai RU 199IN tankless water heater. This is replacing an Eternal unit we had for several years. We are using exactly the same plumbing but are experiencing a problem with the Rinnai that we never had with the Eternal. Whenever we turn on any cold tap, the Rinnai unit...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks