Recent content by PlumbingNoob1

1. PlumbingNoob1

Pressure/flow drop after installing the pressure tank.

yea the plumbing project is in the crawlspace that can only be accessed from outside and a previous owner put the charcoal filter in the house so you don't have to go to the crawlspace to change it when your water smells like fart
  2. PlumbingNoob1

ok WOW never mind everyone. whoever told me to check my filters thank you. somehow when I changed my carbon filter last I somehow left it halfway between the filter and bypass settings. I went to go check for sediment buildup and noticed the little lever to bypass the system when changing the...
  3. PlumbingNoob1

I was thinking about trying this and also inflating the pressure tank to 38 psi. so I do not know the technicals of plumbing but I understand how it works. it just boggles my mind because before we had excellent pressure and now that I added a pressure tank and check valve it's kinda sucky. I...
  4. PlumbingNoob1

The pressure tank was disconnected for 4 years before I added one
  5. PlumbingNoob1

It goes 30 to 50 just like the old system did
  6. PlumbingNoob1

before i added the pressure tank i didn't have the issue
  7. PlumbingNoob1

if i turn off the power to the well it takes about 15 minutes for the water to fully stop at the garden hose. also forgot to mention I forgot to check with the new system but with the old system it would do 5.5 gallons per minute at the pressure switch petcock
  8. PlumbingNoob1

im not sure because i called the company that drilled the well and they said they laid 90' of water line from pump to house then put a pressure tank in the crawlspace. which I did find cut off and tossed in the corner of the crawlspace
  9. PlumbingNoob1

the best example I can give is that when my mom is filling the tub and I turn on the kitchen faucet with eh old system it would barely come out then ramp up to almost full pressure but now the water barely comes out of the kitchen faucet and does not ramp up. before I added the pressure tank the...
  10. PlumbingNoob1

So for about 5 years when my mom moved into her house there has been no pressure tank on her water system, she has a submersible pump I think it is a bruiser pump. I added a 20 gallon pressure tank, replaced the gauge, 30-50psi pressure switch, 70psi pressure relief valve, added check valve, and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks