Recent content by pedge

1. pedge

Studor vent removal with connector

its in the attic so that won't be a problem.
  2. pedge

Smelly sink/vent

My current understanding is this. The smell comes from the drain (sink 1) even when no sink or connectors are added. This leads me to believe that there is a siphoning issue. If this is the case, a vent exists within 38 horizontal inches and 16 vertical inches from the drain pipe. The crown...
  3. pedge

Studor vent removal with connector

I have a vent that was bound in by a concrete floor and can't possibly get to the roof. There was originally an AAV at the top of it but it is possible to get a pipe from there to a vent stack however the elevation of the connection to the vent stack would be lower. Both connections to the...
  4. pedge

Smelly sink/vent

Is it possible that a stopped up studor vent in another part of the house could cause the ptrap to let off gas and the smell? This would possibly also explain the smell at the washer dryer combo?
  5. pedge

Smelly sink/vent

I have noticed at the same time the sink gasses a smell by the washer on the other side of the house.
  6. pedge

Smelly sink/vent

unfortunately, the conventional trap and changing the cabinet are the last resort. This would require major work and major money.
  7. pedge

Smelly sink/vent

This is what I experienced Wayne. There is a problem with the bottle trap or its connections however there is no room to put anything else. A conventional trap will not fit under this sink. The sink is only 8 x 19 and there is a cabinet below it. I did take apart the bottle trap, put water...
  8. pedge

Smelly sink/vent

The vertical drop is very close to 24 inches. should I be worried about water flowing through the trap and not sticking in it?
  9. pedge

Smelly sink/vent

Well, I guess a trap door could be placed over this trap. Its behind a cabinet so it wouldn't be seen unless the drawers are removed.
  10. pedge

Smelly sink/vent

Yes, There is a vent just to the left side of the stud in the picture, it is just outside the edge of the frame.
  11. pedge

Smelly sink/vent

At this point since there is a trap in the wall, the bottle trap should be removed?
  12. pedge

Smelly sink/vent

I have a little sink with very tight clearances and several months after the completed house I noticed a foul smell and traced it to a small sink in a small bathroom. The plumber suggested I put a p trap in the wall in addition to the bottle trap on the sink. I have isolated the smell to this...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks