Recent content by PAB

1. PAB

Bathroom Vanity drain issue

I do believe that this renovation was done by non-professionals previous to me purchasing the house. When I tore up the floor and subfloor, there was a junction box under the subfloor. That to me was my first clue. I had no idea about the wye vs the tee but it seems a plumber most definitely...
  2. PAB

Thanks Wayne. Not sure I understand the shielded part, but to comment on your roof part, I did bring it back up to 3" from 2" prior to going through the roof. So no issues there. I appreciate your help! Paul
  3. PAB

Thanks again Wayne! Switching the majority of the wall from 3" to 2" (which is what it switches to at the top) might be easier to work with and may work. In fact I don't know why I didn't do it to begin with. However, while probably a little late, I just have to make sure I have this up to...
  4. PAB

And I know what you mean about the fire stop stuff. I've used that in other locations.
  5. PAB

Thanks so much! Here are two pictures of the drain pipe. While it doesn't appear to be fixed axially, I still think that the Fernco will be much easier for me. Please ignore the cobwebs!
  6. PAB

Thanks for the reply. Now I wish I could have just cut the shelf - it would have been much easier! So, it appears I would need the following to do this job and I'm hoping you can confirm...
  7. PAB

Hello - I'm having a hard time determining how to do the drain on my bathroom vanity. I've attached two pictures. One shows the wall plumbing that goes to the stack. The other shows under the vanity. There is a shelf in the vanity that I would prefer not to cut if I can avoid it. If I...
  8. PAB

Bathroom fan - attach to joist or strapping?

Thanks so much Wayne for your reply! I think your idea of using 2x4s along the joists (parallel with the joists but slightly lower so they are aligned with the bottom of the strapping) may work. Didn't think of that option - will let you know if i run into any issues so that you can help me...
  9. PAB

Bathroom fan - attach to joist or strapping?

Was wondering if you might have any ideas on this one. I added 1x4 strapping to my ceiling after having put up the guts of the bathroom fan, which I had attached to the joists. I've included a couple pictures. Since the joists were not level prior to installing drywall, I did the strapping...
  10. PAB

Fixing out of plumb wall

I asked schluter during the training session. they indicated it must be thinset. also the person from schluter indicated he doesn't see any problem with thinset on top of the cardboard shims. so far with the step shimming it appears to be going well. i haven't even used any of the drywall...
  11. PAB

Fixing out of plumb wall

I also have to worry about my delta multi-valve as I set it up accurately (distance to the finished wall) prior to needing to shim. i think i'll still be within tolerances but it will be interesting.
  12. PAB

Fixing out of plumb wall

Thanks again everyone for your advice! Jim - I think I'll take your advice and ask schluter about the construction adhesive. also i'm curious to hear what they have to say about wet shimming (using thinset which they recommend) on top of the cardboard shims. something tells me it shouldn't...
  13. PAB

Fixing out of plumb wall

thanks so much to both of you for your replies! wayne, do you think i could use the drywall shims and stack them up instead of using the wood shims? i found getting thin strips of wood cut safely on my table saw a little daunting. i have found the area where i'd have to place two shims, then...
  14. PAB

Fixing out of plumb wall

Hopefully a simple and easy question :). My studs are out of plumb by about 5/8″ over 8 feet. I will be putting kerdi board on it and it is my plumbing wall. the wall is flat horizontally. it is not load bearing. Tapering shims to make this work would be very difficult for me (if not...
  15. PAB

Leaking shower via rubber overflow gasket not sealing - how to replace?

My shower is leaking via a rubber overflow gasket not sealing. I've seen this issue with people who have the full circular foam-like gasket and that doesn't seem to bad to replace. However, mine is a 1/2 circle and is rubber. I've attached a couple pics. Any ideas what I would need to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks