Recent content by MPGI

1. MPGI

Shower handle needs extension

Good morning, We had a walk-in tub installed and the shower handle does not extend far enough away from the wall for water to fall into the tub area. Currently, the shower water hits the shelf between the wall and the tub and get all over the place. Even at an extreme angle, water still hits...
  2. MPGI

Possible roof vent issue

Okay, I always like to 'close the loop' and report back what I find so others can benefit. It was way sooner than normal to have our septic pumped but I went ahead and called our septic service and explained the problem. They said it sounds like a vent issue but agreed to come out and inspect...
  3. MPGI

Plumbing Mystery

Well, the system is working well and that is a good thing. Since my last post I learned that there is an abandoned sprinkler system in the yard. For some reason, one of the previous owners decided to install a new system and left the old piping etc. That perhaps explains the one valve (on the...
  4. MPGI

Possible roof vent issue

I am wondering if a bathroom (toilet, sink, shower) roof vent can become clogged? Reason, upstairs bathroom had a vile smell (sewer gas like) this morning. The bathroom is used multiple times daily. This never happened before. Also, one of the downstairs toilets occasionally burps. I...
  5. MPGI

Plumbing Mystery

I successfully repaired my irrigation system today with the outstanding assistance of this site's members but am very confused about the sprinkler system's plumbing. The system has four zones. 1st mystery: There are actually five solenoids controlling the four zones. Zones 1 and 2 each have a...
  6. MPGI

Only zone 4 works

Here is what I found: Zone 1, non-operational solenoid. Zone 2, diaphragm needed replacement and cogged solenoid filter. Zone 3, clogged solenoid filter. Zone 4, always worked but I replaced the solenoid filter. The system now works great. I just can't thank you guys enough for your...
  7. MPGI

Only zone 4 works

Okay, I checked the system and I have a solenoid issue. My question is the Rain Bird solenoid has wires that are exactly the same (black & white) and I am unable to determine polarity because of this since both wires from the new solenoid are identical.
  8. MPGI

Only zone 4 works

Thanks for the reply breplum. I connected a garden hose to the hose bib located on the output side of the pump. I let the system come up to pressure, opened the hose bib and slowly cycled (one minute each) through each zone. Here is what I found: Zone 1-3 no change to sprinkler head(s)...
  9. MPGI

Only zone 4 works

Greetings, I am having trouble with my eight-year old Rainbird system. I have no idea when the problem began because the system runs in the early morning hours. The last time I checked it was before the holiday season (Thanksgiving time) and it properly functioned at that time. Facts: 1. Four...
  10. MPGI

Refrigerator water dispenser

Great! Facts: - A Frigidaire Gallery, 18 months old. - Suddenly developed a water dispenser flow issue. - History is about every three-months, the refrigerator indicates the filter needs replacement. - Usage of water dispenser is normal. No large family visits or extreme use. - In early...
  11. MPGI

Buying a greenhouse

I realize this thread is quite old but am willing to share 'lessons learned' about a pre-fab greenhouse we used in USDA Zone 5b/6 (depending on the map used) for about 5-years.
  12. MPGI

Refrigerator water dispenser

Please forgive if this is not the appropriate forum to ask this question. I have a water dispenser issue with a Frigidaire and need some technical assistance please.
  13. MPGI

Culligan system

I thought of the water heaters but they are both new. I then drew a sample of water 'upstream' of the water heaters and it very slightly stinks like Sulphur but the taste isn't all that great. Only after it passes through the Culligan does the Sulphur odor vanish. The taste is also greatly...
  14. MPGI

Water pressure surging in one zone

Okay problem solved! Yep, by opening the two extra heads (high flow) for the raised gardens it appears I overdrew that zone's 'bank account.' Sometimes in life, I encounter a forehead slapping moment and ask, "How could have I missed that?!" Thank you Reach4 and also WorthFlorida for responding.
  15. MPGI

Water pressure surging in one zone

Whoa, I never considered that. This spring, I fully opened two outlying heads to irrigate two raised gardens. I will shut down those heads tomorrow and see what happens. Good clue. Thanks Reach4!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks