Recent content by Mowmow

1. Mowmow

Water hammer arrestor midway to preserve pump's check valve?

Just trying to do what I can for minimal cost. Thanks everyone!
  2. Mowmow

No visible symptoms. Just a matter of: can I do something that might help at minimal cost. I recall seeing threads on this site that talk about check valve life. I'm aware of the cycle stop technology and am not ready to switch over to that. Interesting point. Thanks.
  3. Mowmow

Thanks Valveman. Totally makes sense - that is what I was trying to describe. I just don't know how durable the pump's check valve is. I would think they are designed to handle their design total head and GPM combo, and wondered if adding an arrestor mid-stream might cut the effective hammer in...
  4. Mowmow

I would think that the closer to the pump the better. What am I missing? Or is the hammer associated with 70PSI (plus a bit of water column) and 120 feet of 1" poly against the pump's check valve negligible?
  5. Mowmow

I have a Grundfos pump about 35 feet down my well. It delivers just under 11 GPM (measured) at the shut off pressure of 70PSI. The 1" poly line runs about 50 feet outside the house and about 70 feet inside. I'm doing some re-plumbing and it would not be too difficult to add a water hammer...
  6. Mowmow

Fleck 9100 SXT over old Kinetico tanks

OK, I have some updates. 1. Tank 2 has been going hard within the last 30 gallons or so, so I increased H to reduce my regen point from 295 to 266 gallons. Under the new settings, the hardness stays below 3gpg to the regen point. I'm not sure if changing H was the best solution, or if I should...
  7. Mowmow

Hach 5-EP results on first tank (U2) of second complete 2-tank cycle tested per the above method for the hard water: - Desulf water into the softener: 84 - Softened cold water with 12 gallons remaining of the 295 capacity: 1 drop yielded bright blue - Soft water retested with 4x the water and...
  8. Mowmow

I meant the FLOW icon (the drop of water) - this is what doesn't flash during a regen - even if water is being used. On the manual - I am talking about the "Fleck SXT Timer Service Manual" dated REV L - JL18 on the back. My PDF is REV K - AU16. They essentially match in the area of diagnostics.
  9. Mowmow

<delete this - it was a duplicate posting>
  10. Mowmow

Yes I can get into diagnostics, but it literally skips that one page. It goes from RC to SV. The manual skips TV as well - for the AC version only. One thing I did notice during regen is that the water flow icon doesn't flash - it still keeps track of gallons - just doesn't flash the flow icon...
  11. Mowmow

Sorry for dropping off the scene guys. The unit went in slicker than snot and it's putting out nice water. ONE LEAK - I'm guessing that I didn't properly install the O-ring when I changed the flow meter cap. I swapped it with the one that came with the warranty part and all's good. Upon...
  12. Mowmow

So, your vote is "B" then?
  13. Mowmow

I ran the accelerated version (which is essentially what I had done above) and got the same result. In Td mode, I started at tank 1. I manually forced a regen and let it complete on its own. Now it's on Tank 2. I then flowed water until the service icon flashed. No changeover. I then flowed more...
  14. Mowmow

I can run any test without cost at the moment. The complete head is on my bench. I am waiting for replacement parts for the flow meter and am using a pulse generator to provide the water flow. The parts are due today and I plan to install the valve assembly tomorrow. Meanwhile, I'd be happy to...
  15. Mowmow

I am not completely clear on the wording of your question. If it has regenerated, then it definitely just performed a change over right before that. Best I can tell is that on a two-tank configuration, there are no regenerations that didn't IMMEDIATELY follow a changeover, and there are no...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks