Recent content by MooseMan

1. MooseMan

Dual Fuel Calculator (Trane)

The air source heat pump. At lower temps, it spins harder to produce heat. So when dealing with a heat pump the BTU's / kw equation becomes less efficient as it gets colder out. At 22 degrees the heat pump is quite loud trying to move the volume of air needed to extract heat. I ended up saying...
  2. MooseMan

Dual Fuel Calculator (Trane)

Picking up off a previous thread: System is a Trane: XC95M Furnace, XV20i Heat Pump, and XL1050 Control. I'm trying to understand how heat pump to propane cutover works. -By default, Compressor Heat Lockout was disabled. At 20 degrees, it sounds like an airplane. -In activating Compressor...
  3. MooseMan

Zone Sizing & Clamp LV settings (Trane)

Entering our first winter in the northeast with a multizone dual fuel heating system. System is a Trane: XC95M Furnace, XV20i Heat Pump, and XL1050 Control. The heat pump has been fantastic, but now that its colder I'm curious about efficiency, cutover, and NOISE. Right now it is 20 degrees out...
  4. MooseMan

Hot water air bubbles after o3 install

Here's a picture. I exchanged notes with the installer today. They said this particular unit maintains a contained ozone bubble to prevent escaping to the plumbing. RE: the hot water they suggested I turn it back to 120/125 (I'm probably at 135 or so). This is consistent with something else I...
  5. MooseMan

Hot water air bubbles after o3 install

I draw water from a lake. Recently, we had a whole house filtration / purification system installed (o3 generator, softener, UV lamp), including an RO system under the sink. Water is amazing. But immediately after, I started getting air in the hot water line only. After some reading, I flushed...
  6. MooseMan

Preventing water pipe freeze at lake

Yeah - most of the piping is that way, but where it breaks through to enter the lake it is totally exposed.
  7. MooseMan

Preventing water pipe freeze at lake

Hi - we have a camp in the Adirondacks which we use occasionally during the winter. When we leave, we drain it, and open the main supply valve to let the water drain back to the lake (the pump is a submersible in the lake). Last winter, we couldn't get the water back up to the camp again. So -...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks