Recent content by Mnoone

1. Mnoone

Questions regarding installing AP toilet buttons

The toilet carrier is a Toto WT173M The wall plate is a Toto YT930#WH The bowl (though shouldn't really matter) is a Toto CT426CFGT40#01
  2. Mnoone

Questions regarding installing AP toilet buttons

I'm installing a Toto AP toilet and am working on the wall plate. Two questions: 1. The screws to attach the inner plate seem much too long to me. However the instructions don't say anything about shortening them, so I'm a bit nervous about clipping them. Can somebody confirm they should be...
  3. Mnoone

How to move ABS vent pipe over within a stud bay

For annoying reasons I need to move an ABS pipe over in a stud bay. It is in the way of where I need to put some blocking for bathroom fixtures. You can see my attempt at putting in blocking (which shows height for blocking) but I'm giving up and I just need to move the ABS pipe to the left side...
  4. Mnoone

Will a PRV pass low pressure?

I used Oatey H20 flux. It is supposed to be water soluble but it seems to be very slow in that regard :)
  5. Mnoone

25 PSI was a made up number. I'm using this pump :) If there is a small pressure drop across the PRV I think it should be fine. PRV is a Watts PRV-34-LF25AUBSDUZ3. How do I tell if it has the bypass feature? Motivation is mostly getting old flux out of lines. But cleaning in general seems like...
  6. Mnoone

If my PRV is set to 75PSI but the pressure coming in from the street (connected to PRV input) dips to 25 PSI, will the PRV's output go up to 25PSI? If not, what will it go to? I ask because I'd like to hook up a small circulating pump temporarily to run hot water through my cold water lines...
  7. Mnoone

Where did I go wrong? Copper pipe sticking inside of fittings during dry fit, or not going in at all

I recently replaced the main valve to my house and reran a lot of the cold water lines. Maybe 40 joints. All sweated. Most 3/4" copper (type L) with a small amount of 1/2". To prepare for a joint, I'd cut pipe to length (with a Ridgid 101), ream it out (with a Husky pencil reamer) , clean the...
  8. Mnoone

After soldering, water tastes fluxy

I recently replaced the main valve to my house as well as a number of other pipes. Total maybe 40 sweated 3/4" joints. All on the cold lines, not hot. I used Oatey H-20 flux. I finished the job last night. I've run faucets for maybe 45 minutes or so and taken a couple showers but the water still...
  9. Mnoone

Toto S300e washlet malfunctioning - turning on wrong sprays

Unplugging and plugging back in has not resolved anything, sadly. I'll send back to Toto. Looks like it's a fixed $175 fee which isn't so bad with this thing being ~5 years old.
  10. Mnoone

Toto S300e washlet malfunctioning - turning on wrong sprays

Hi - we were on vacation for 3 weeks so I powered off (via button) our S300E washlet. I came back last night and powered it back up. It has been acting up ever since then. Specifically, the valves actuating the sprayer are not working properly. For example, when I put it into cleaning mode it...
  11. Mnoone

Does Toto washlet outlet have to be on left of toilet? (when using tank in wall toilet)

Thank you Terry! Two other questions - the manual mentions two different plug types and has different steps for each. We haven't received the washlet yet so it's not clear which type we have. I'm guessing ours will be closer to the one on the left (but the US version of the plug). Also - what...
  12. Mnoone

Does Toto washlet outlet have to be on left of toilet? (when using tank in wall toilet)

I'm modifying my framing for a Toto tank in wall toilet. We're also planning on using a washlet. We're buying the CT426CFGT40#01 kit. My question is this: My current plan is to put the toilet right next to a shower - with its center 15" from the shower curb. If I were to follow the framing...
  13. Mnoone

Plywood required behind TOTO tank in wall?

In my house I have two wall mounted toilets. Installed 1959. They have tanks outside the wall. Funky things. I had to replace one recently with a Gerber 20-021 (bowl was cracked). The only thing behind the 60 year old toilet was 60 year old drywall (and a metal bracket buried inside the wall...
  14. Mnoone

Plywood required behind TOTO tank in wall?

I watched this video about installing a TOTO AP toilet. They mention using 1/2"+ plywood between the tank/carrier and the toilet at about 5:30 in the video. I haven't heard of this before. Is this actually required? If you were not planning on tiling over that area and instead just having...
  15. Mnoone

Tank in wall carrier in exterior 2x4 wall - bad idea?

Doing that would mess up a bunch of things to be honest. I could probably shim it out half an inch, maybe 1 inch max.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks