Recent content by mikemass

1. M

Elements good - Still run out of Hot Water

Good call. I will attempt that when my heavy duty socket arrives from Amazon and report back.
  2. M

Hi John. Yes 120gal, 2 elements, 4500 wts each and they most certainly toggle. (Imagine the power draw if they came on together! It’s only on a 30 amp breaker). And correct. After 10 mins in the shower there’s no hot water anywhere in the house. Another 10 mins after every faucet is off I can...
  3. M

This for sure. I had to keep opening and closing the drain valve to get it to flow. Eventually I had a decent stream. When I eventually remove the lower element I am going to try and suck out the bottom with a 3/4” hose attached to a Shop Vac.
  4. M

Yeah. I'm wondering the same, hence the purpose for me joining the forum and starting this thread. Here's a few more details of what I've done so far: 1. Drained and Flushed the the tank (A LOT of sediment came out) 2. Inspected Anode (Needs replacing - I have it on order) 3. Inspected dip...
  5. M

Yup. I'm aware of how the thermostats "toggle". I confirm they work as should. Good suggestion on getting an amp reading at each element. I will do that. What amperage am I looking for for a normal functioning element? Each element is is 4500 wts and my source voltage is 230, give or take a...
  6. M

Is it possible an element can: 1. Test good (I have continuity - 13.8 Ohms to be exact) 2. Receives power (I get 230 volts at the element when on) 3. Still not produce heat? Reason I ask is because on my 120 gallon tank, I run out of hot water after about 10 minutes in the shower. Initially it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks