Recent content by MAYOR

1. MAYOR

Basement Plumbing Venting.

Finally. This has been very interesting. Thank you! Now I need to figure out why Seattle is different. Seems that they accept what I origanally had exceot the wet connection needs to be closest to the toilet and then the shower can connect with a wye down from the vanity. Ontario does not...
  2. MAYOR

Other idea is to run the wet vent from the vanity p trap through the wall to the other side of the now to be 3” drain. Drop it under the floor run it to the 2” shower then connect to the 3”. Would this be OK? Thank you. I have been enjoying this. I have learned a lot. Please see plan and elevations.
  3. MAYOR

Unfortunatly I cant run the 2" above the 3 " I'm a bit shallow to get away with that. I'm working on another idea. Stay tuned!
  4. MAYOR

I didnt think that sketch would fly. If I were to Yes the 6" rule... To clarify. Would I be able to run the shower drain to a wall, place the p trap under the wall and connect it to the dry vent there. Then run the drain from the p trap to drain the shower flow to the 4".
  5. MAYOR

Looks like I'm euchred. I would need to drill through the 4" to combine them. Is it possible for me to do something like this? Trap arm would be much longer and I could connect into a (dry) vent.
  6. MAYOR

Certainly messes me up.
  7. MAYOR

Wayne after staring at my sketch and trying to figure things out I'm slowly starting to understand what you are saying. So this leaves me in a predicament. How do I vent the shower?
  8. MAYOR

From a Canadian plumbers forum. Question: "I am a little confused by the statement “Toilets must be installed downstream of all other fixtures” In the example 1, it sure looks like the toilet is upstream of the sink." Answer: "Try to imagine the toilet drains above the ty on the sink drain...
  9. MAYOR

Best I can find.
  10. MAYOR

Verified. Layout is OK.
  11. MAYOR

Interesting. OK I will check. Thank you.
  12. MAYOR

Yes wye fittings for sure. I'll leave the san tees for the vent connection. Thank you
  13. MAYOR

Hello, Basement bathroom setup under concrete. Please see sketch. Will the 2" vanity sink wet vent be ok to vent toilet and shower as shown. Thank you Mayor Please see sketch.
  14. MAYOR

Kohler Rialto K-3402 toilet fill valve repair

Yes it really does. Fluidmaster 400A works perfectly in my 1989 Kohler Rialto K-3402. Took out the old, installed the new by lowering it and dialing in the float so water level hits the fill line marked on the flush valve, rotating the existing rim tube, inserting the black bowl fill tube in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks